Concert in September

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They have seemed like a decent bunch. I'm sure the industry has treated them poorly like others.

I was trying be subtle and not highjack your thread. It was all about not showing my papers at the door. Guns and Roses is the only band I am aware of that said we ain't doing that. I didn't go to their concert either.

I just checked 5FDP is not playing in Oregon. They are passing us up and playing Washington state after Cali. That is a 4 hour drive so no concert for us. They probably are good guys Portland can suck eggs. 🤣

Portland can suck eggs
I'm hoping the place totally implodes sooner rather than later. It's getting there. After the implosion and leveling of the woke-hole, normal people can re-take the area and build it back into a good place to live again.

As far as concerts go, seeing all my music idols perform these days makes me feel so old. So very, very, old.

So, we are less than a week away from the event. Lets check the details....

1. Wife pissed off. Check! (Not taking her since I decided to take my child who actually enjoys the concert players VS. the wife that has no idea who they are, what songs they play, nor anything else about them). Yep, I'm trash.
  2. Silent treatment from wife; See topic 1.
  3. Looking forward to some great music and some fun. This is the first and only concert I have attended with my youngest son who is 31 or so. It is about time. Funny after all I do for the wife, her kids, and her grand-kids it is still a bunch of drama; See topic 1.
  4. I did mention to her that I bought tickets but she forgot that. I did mention to her jokingly that she should attend thinking and actually knowing she would actually have zero interest. That one is 100% on me. I should have said nothing.
  5. I have posted here before with my issues / concerns. It is on me but overall I have been informed about this type of person and relationship so it is not all on me for sure.
  6. Still awaiting permission from the venue to film, video, record, and or post concert footage. Hopefully I will have something to post later....

So, we are less than a week away from the event. Lets check the details....

1. Wife pissed off. Check! (Not taking her since I decided to take my child who actually enjoys the concert players VS. the wife that has no idea who they are, what songs they play, nor anything else about them). Yep, I'm trash.
  2. Silent treatment from wife; See topic 1.
  3. Looking forward to some great music and some fun. This is the first and only concert I have attended with my youngest son who is 31 or so. It is about time. Funny after all I do for the wife, her kids, and her grand-kids it is still a bunch of drama; See topic 1.
  4. I did mention to her that I bought tickets but she forgot that. I did mention to her jokingly that she should attend thinking and actually knowing she would actually have zero interest. That one is 100% on me. I should have said nothing.
  5. I have posted here before with my issues / concerns. It is on me but overall I have been informed about this type of person and relationship so it is not all on me for sure.
  6. Still awaiting permission from the venue to film, video, record, and or post concert footage. Hopefully I will have something to post later....
Enjoy the time with your son and have fun!

Gee, @Guardian i guess I shouldn’t have read this thread after reading the jokes and humor thread. I’m still laughing and you’re talking about see topic 1 and others are sad for you. I thought it was funny. She’ll get over it, you’ll have a great time.
I’m happy for you to be going to a concert, a couple of my sons would be happy to see FFDP too.

@Guardian in the age of cell phones and cameras about that same size, photos and video has been widely accepted. What they don't want is any professional grade equipment. I believe that would compete with whatever DVDs and such the band is selling.

Last edited:
So, here we go...

Wife on the verge of of planetary destruction; Check.

Wife giving the "cold shoulder" and then some; Check.

Not allowed to kiss the wife due to potential "Vid" exposure due to crowd; Check! 🤣

Yeah, I know, I never learned what and how a "proper relationship" works. I only work multitudes of hours to ensure the most basic lifestyle. Never saw, watched, observed appropriate parental interactions so I drew what I could from what I observed, read, watched on the tube, and saw in public. Worked multitudes of hours if I haven't already mentioned...
Never cheated. Never strayed, been the best husband I can. That said, obviously I'm trash. Anyways, I needed to vent so my apologies. This is not a new issue, just an ongoing one I have reached my limits with. So, here we are.

ANYhow; I am adding some images. No idea on the few videos I want to add as they are far too big but I will work on them getting to the Tube.

Amazing concert. I realized the other day it has been 40 years since I attended a concert. Never attended one with my youngest thats now 31. I am no longer apologetic. That time has passed. I have become an anti-social idiot constantly defending what I know is right in my mind to others when in fact I should not have to reach that point. This post could go on for hours but to save you the waste I am ending it here with some linked images.

Let me know if they cannot be accessed as it is on my experimental site. One that i hope to add video too soon. I don't want to rely on the tube to host what I put up as I can see the direction that travels....

That's one band I like I haven't seen yet! Glad you got to go! When we lived in Florida I mostly went to concerts with daughter ( son when he got older) since my kids like same music I like ( metal) and husband likes country....but he never reacted the way your wife did , wow, that's sad....I actually SENT my husband to a country concert once with a female friend of ours ( they both like country, I don't....) . Tell her to get over herself already....
Thanks for posting photos!! Wished I could have seen that concert

I just looked this up, Charleston WV is the closest concert to us, but still long ways....but OMG, MEGADETH is the other band? I have seen them like 5 times before, love Dave Mustaine. He is one of my favorite guitar players of all time ( I play, well used to not much anymore)
I want to go...

No clue on who this band is. Hope you enjoyed even though it pissed your wife off. Yes, I watched a video, but still not impressed . . maybe you should have thought about the why she is upset? Was it because she was not invited? Sorry, I am an old fart.

A lot of their music is pretty heavy. I had a younger co worker that listened to them. He explained that they do quite a bit of support for veterans which peaked my interest. They are very popular with the troops as you might imagine.

No clue on who this band is. Hope you enjoyed even though it pissed your wife off. Yes, I watched a video, but still not impressed . . maybe you should have thought about the why she is upset? Was it because she was not invited? Sorry, I am an old fart.
Dani, there are a ton of videos and images out there. For me, for 5 Finger Death Punch, the music is great and tells a story. The other point for me is their support for veterans.

Should have thought "about the why" as you said?

I have. I still don't understand for the most part. I mentioned to her I wanted to got to a concert for some groups I like. MY FAULT HERE; I asked if she would like to go. (My wife is heavily Christian and old school.) (I EXPECTED her to decline.) She knows nothing about the groups, none of their songs, or anything about them.

I scheduled the day off from work to ensure it was available. While I was trying to decide how to tell her I was taking my youngest she saw my schedule at work. From there on she has been in meltdown mode. In the first place why should I fear telling her my plans? There was never any interest on her part and to be honest I apologized for the way I handled the situation. To me it was not a big issue but it clearly is for her. 3 weeks in we are no further ahead.

The result is going to be as follows as I am not 100% at fault here. I have stepped back on numerous occasions at this point and I am going to hold my ground. I am done and over it as I do not deserve this treatment. I am going to purchase front row tickets for the next available concert and by God she will attend. I will not accept no, its too loud, the language is too foul, or any single other excuse, period. I have asked for help here. I have complained here. I have had a crappy attitude here that is not normal for me.

Simply put, I am human, make mistakes, and do my best to correct them as I learn. If that isn't good enough then too f'in bad.

Have I mentioned I am over it? Pretty sure I have.

Nothing personal here as it isn't my way. I know nothing about anything. It's all good.

A lot of their music is pretty heavy. I had a younger co worker that listened to them. He explained that they do quite a bit of support for veterans which peaked my interest. They are very popular with the troops as you might imagine.

Very true, another view of the video you posted....

Language warning applies.... You are warned..... :eek:

Another for me that speaks volumes;

https://youtu.be/o_l4Ab5FRwM

Sadly, I have zero skill creating music although I can sing fairly well. When the turds hit the fan I fall back into music as a distraction, as a way to express where I am at and what I am feeling. Who cares. It's all good. Just me and where I am. So an obvious question I suppose; what has this to do with or in a preparedness forum? My opinion is that we all will need an outlet. A method to express our grief, concerns, feelings, or fears.

Every single thing I post or discuss is in my opinion a way to compensate or provide knowledge. Sometimes those thing cross and blur but in the end it is what is and the end will be the same.

Last edited:
Dani, there are a ton of videos and images out there. For me, for 5 Finger Death Punch, the music is great and tells a story. The other point for me is their support for veterans.

Should have thought "about the why" as you said?

I have. I still don't understand for the most part. I mentioned to her I wanted to got to a concert for some groups I like. MY FAULT HERE; I asked if she would like to go. (My wife is heavily Christian and old school.) (I EXPECTED her to decline.) She knows nothing about the groups, none of their songs, or anything about them.

I scheduled the day off from work to ensure it was available. While I was trying to decide how to tell her I was taking my youngest she saw my schedule at work. From there on she has been in meltdown mode. In the first place why should I fear telling her my plans? There was never any interest on her part and to be honest I apologized for the way I handled the situation. To me it was not a big issue but it clearly is for her. 3 weeks in we are no further ahead.

The result is going to be as follows as I am not 100% at fault here. I have stepped back on numerous occasions at this point and I am going to hold my ground. I am done and over it as I do not deserve this treatment. I am going to purchase front row tickets for the next available concert and by God she will attend. I will not accept no, its too loud, the language is too foul, or any single other excuse, period. I have asked for help here. I have complained here. I have had a crappy attitude here that is not normal for me.

Simply put, I am human, make mistakes, and do my best to correct them as I learn. If that isn't good enough then too f'in bad.

Have I mentioned I am over it? Pretty sure I have.

Nothing personal here as it isn't my way. I know nothing about anything. It's all good.
I do not always approve of my Hunny's choices either, but still give full support of my Hunny. Right now you need to do a lot of re ensuring to your lady, who is apparently asking/craving for it,

Guardian sorry to hear your having a hard time with your wife. That sucks. Life is hard enough when things are going ok. Throw in trouble at home and life gets harder.

Here is another cover from 5 Finger DP. I'm a huge Bad Company fan, and I thought they did a great job with it.

I do not always approve of my Hunny's choices either, but still give full support of my Hunny. Right now you need to do a lot of re ensuring to your lady, who is apparently asking/craving for it,
I've been nothing but supportive. This isn't the first time I have dealt with this and at least you supported your significant other. When offered, the "ensuring" part is declined. Case in point for today.

We have nephews over. Mind you, not mine as I am nothing more than an outsider. They do well with me as do others. Same cold shoulder yet when convenient, I can help them with whatever project or otherwise. This has been a thing with others that we care for. When needed its all good. When not, it is all about all she has done.

She is 9 years beyond me. It is all good and I do understand. That said, she will be on her own. I will give things a bit more time to resolve but honestly, I doubt the outcome will be good. I could care less about the outcome. If she is happy then its all good. I signed on for better or worse and sickness or health so its all good. This is where the issue lies. I believe in my vows and I have never strayed. I have given this years and attempted to resolve things since 2008. I am still trying but can assure you that will not continue much longer.

I hear you.
This is me too, you said: "I fall back into music as a distraction, as a way to express where I am at and what I am feeling. Who cares. It's all good. Just me and where I am. So an obvious question I suppose; what has this to do with or in a preparedness forum? My opinion is that we all will need an outlet. A method to express our grief, concerns, feelings, or fears."

I've been nothing but supportive. This isn't the first time I have dealt with this and at least you supported your significant other. When offered, the "ensuring" part is declined. Case in point for today.

We have nephews over. Mind you, not mine as I am nothing more than an outsider. They do well with me as do others. Same cold shoulder yet when convenient, I can help them with whatever project or otherwise. This has been a thing with others that we care for. When needed its all good. When not, it is all about all she has done.

She is 9 years beyond me. It is all good and I do understand. That said, she will be on her own. I will give things a bit more time to resolve but honestly, I doubt the outcome will be good. I could care less about the outcome. If she is happy then its all good. I signed on for better or worse and sickness or health so its all good. This is where the issue lies. I believe in my vows and I have never strayed. I have given this years and attempted to resolve things since 2008. I am still trying but can assure you that will not continue much longer.
I am not a "true" Nana with any of my grands, but yet all of Hunny's kids accept me as Nana. I am lucky there.

Sometimes acceptance into an already family is hard, but it sounds like you are saying your spouse is against supporting you into her family network? If so, that is sad.

Latest posts

Back