Confession time......

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@VenomJockey :Too many folks feeling bad for you. I think I should share your new nick name. What do you think? I can't share without your permission. Darn it.

Give it up Mon! You have my permission.

So....was it a right away kind of a hurt? or a......holy crap I just shot myself in the foot!!!!.....ouch!!

Get well soon, and be thankful it wasn't a .45 like others have said or even a 12 gauge!

It was an immediate HHHUUURRRTTT!!!! :cry:

@VenomJockey :Too many folks feeling bad for you. I think I should share your new nick name. What do you think? I can't share without your permission. Darn it.

Gumpy says go for it. Of course, your little lizard horde may bne on ice cream restriction for quite some time....your choice!! :coffee:

I respect the conversation so they don't get to know. That will teach them to not respect and learn about the modern Air Gun. I am glad you did not have the Magnum Gamo or the Dragon Claw. Now those would have moved you into the single foot category.

OK, what the he&$, I feel like a fool anyway! And what's this about a "boot?" The doctor didn't say anything about a "boot."

OK, what the he&$, I feel like a fool anyway! And what's this about a "boot?" The doctor didn't say anything about a "boot."

Well HAL (Hop-A_Long)

Since you decided to add broken bones into the mix, you not only have to have the open wound heal (current bandages) but you still need to protect the bones in your foot. Once the wound closes, you can bet you will be issued a walking boot. The boot will help protect and encapsulate your foot to aid the bones in healing properly. They can't put a cast on your foot because of the open wound, so the walking boot will follow soon. Now I am not a medical expert or even slightly trained but I have broken enough body parts to have a pretty good idea of what is headed your way. If any of our medical trained members care to jump in or correct me, please feel free.

Well HAL (Hop-A_Long)

Since you decided to add broken bones into the mix, you not only have to have the open wound heal (current bandages) but you still need to protect the bones in your foot. Once the wound closes, you can bet you will be issued a walking boot. The boot will help protect and encapsulate your foot to aid the bones in healing properly. They can't put a cast on your foot because of the open wound, so the walking boot will follow soon. Now I am not a medical expert or even slightly trained but I have broken enough body parts to have a pretty good idea of what is headed your way. If any of our medical trained members care to jump in or correct me, please feel free.

Oh that's just great....next they'll be calling me CLUBFOOT!! Wonderful.... :horsie:

Besides the physical pain and I am sure there is plenty of that, I plan to heap mucho mental / emotional pain to help remind you to be safer. We lost Pess to an operation, I don't want to lose contact with you because you were careless. For now HAL, concentrate on getting well and no more oops. Mr, Murphy is really out to get you. Start being more careful and watch your six and feet.

Oh that's just great....next they'll be calling me CLUBFOOT!! Wonderful.... :horsie:

If you would have used a bigger gun.....

We would have been calling you Stumpy....

Keeping the booger hook off the bang switch is one of the 4 weapons safety rules....

Joking aside im glad you are doing ok.

Just watch it with them pain killers.

And pics...if its not to much to ask...?

If you would have used a bigger gun.....

We would have been calling you Stumpy....

Keeping the booger hook off the bang switch is one of the 4 weapons safety rules....

Joking aside im glad you are doing ok.

Just watch it with them pain killers.

And pics...if its not to much to ask...?

No pics, sorry....I don't do pics.

@phideaux the foot alert is still in after DH dropped a full 1kg plastic bottle of golden syrup on his foot that fell from a shelf half way up the pantry as he was getting things out of there. Be careful everyone.

Hope he didn't break any bones...that really sucks!!!

Besides the physical pain and I am sure there is plenty of that, I plan to heap mucho mental / emotional pain to help remind you to be safer. We lost Pess to an operation, I don't want to lose contact with you because you were careless. For now HAL, concentrate on getting well and no more oops. Mr, Murphy is really out to get you. Start being more careful and watch your six and feet.

Pess had an operation that caused his stroke? I liked Pess he was a real smart man and said what he meant from what I saw anyway. I hope he heals.

@VenomJockey no no broken bones fortunately in DH's foot but his usual coordinated dance style (champion ball room and line dancer) failed him as he was hopping around making agonizing ohh sounds whilst holding his foot. I could feel his pain I can tell you and it is still rather red and bruised today but as he says he is held together with the calcification of his injuries from being hit by a Leopard tank anyway :D .

Pess had an operation that caused his stroke? I liked Pess he was a real smart man and said what he meant from what I saw anyway. I hope he heals.
Brain surgery for a fatty tumor...caused amnesia and he lost about 30 years...he is not the same Pess. Healthy now, but minus 30 years of his life.

Brain surgery for a fatty tumor...caused amnesia and he lost about 30 years...he is not the same Pess. Healthy now, but minus 30 years of his life.
I lost a good friend, I know you lost even more. I'm very pleased that he is healthy.

@VenomJockey no no broken bones fortunately in DH's foot but his usual coordinated dance style (champion ball room and line dancer) failed him as he was hopping around making agonizing ohh sounds whilst holding his foot. I could feel his pain I can tell you and it is still rather red and bruised today but as he says he is held together with the calcification of his injuries from being hit by a Leopard tank anyway :D .

I love ballroom dancing. Sure no champion of it but fair. Only thing about ballroom dance is not many places people like us could go. Moderate income bumpkins stood out like sore thumbs.Plus most down here didn't wear beautiful gowns anymore, they wore costumes like Betty Rubble and Wilmer Flintstones. And looked more like poll dancers than ball room. :eyeballs:

In the 70s and early 80s they still wore gowns though.

check out these galls.

I EDITED it to put an American ball room competition.

Beautiful gown,

Last edited:
Our two youngest daughters took ballroom dancing for a few years. They did wear gowns. I loved watching them dance. I have two left feet.

I'm sure there are a few places where your allowed to wear classic formal gowns but most I see are no better than what you see in burlesque.

In 1971 I worked waiting tables at The Nitery, the last house of burlesque in Atlanta. Good tips from men very well dressed ,polititions, doctors, lawyers,etc.
I can tell you these strippers did not show any more flesh than these so called Ball Room dancers do now. They were not allowed to get totally nude.

Morganna aka Kissing Bandit had top billing at' The Nitery Club ' the couple months I worked there.

http://www.anorak.co.uk/408799/spor...dit-leaves-us-wanting-more.html?pid=88426#img

Last edited:
Interesting how we went for shooting your self in foot to ballroom dancing. I would never have made that connection. It is amazing how threads can move from point to point and then return OR not. This shift is fun to read, along with HAL suffering.

Interesting how we went for shooting your self in foot to ballroom dancing. I would never have made that connection. It is amazing how threads can move from point to point and then return OR not. This shift is fun to read, along with HAL suffering.

LOL, something rings a bell in my head and off to the races. I forget what the subject is.o_O:oops:

@VenomJockey how is your foot holding up ?, I hope it is healing but none the less painful.

DH's foot it still badly bruised and when we went to clean the chapel yesterday we strapped his big toe to the next toe to offer some support for comfort. It could be fractured but not really a lot you can do with toes other than to strap them until they feel better.

@Meerkat I agree the older style ball gowns were so elegant and they should have kept them rather than the skimpy versions that are today.

@TMT Tactical see I brought it back on track subject wise for the thread :D, I am a bad influence :oops: .

@VenomJockey how is your foot holding up ?, I hope it is healing but none the less painful.

DH's foot it still badly bruised and when we went to clean the chapel yesterday we strapped his big toe to the next toe to offer some support for comfort. It could be fractured but not really a lot you can do with toes other than to strap them until they feel better.

@Meerkat I agree the older style ball gowns were so elegant and they should have kept them rather than the skimpy versions that are today.

@TMT Tactical see I brought it back on track subject wise for the thread :D, I am a bad influence :oops: .

Nah, you did good. Kept the flow going, answered posts and REMINDED HAL not to shoot himself. Mission accomplished. :thumbs: :Thankyou:

Latest posts

Back