CONTEST........."I Got something, you ain't GOT"............Contest.

Help Support Homesteading Forum:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sourdough

"Eleutheromaniac"
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
So you have 3 sunrises and the rest of us have 1 :)
There is actually more to this that makes it even more unique. I am going to declare you the winner. and just for giggles see if someone can come up with makes even more unique.

The last piece of this, is as the sun continues it daily journey.

Sourdough

"Eleutheromaniac"
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
And with that I now know more about the Kenai Peninsula than any east coast Canadian needs too
Should anyone not know the following interesting fact..........of all the states in The United States of America, one state is so huge that it is not only the most northern state, it is also the most eastern and western state in America. Eat your heart out Texas.

Alaskajohn

Bugged out
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
Should anyone not know the following interesting fact..........of all the states in The United States of America, one state is so huge that it is not only the most northern state, it is also the most eastern and western state in America. Eat your heart out Texas.
If Alaska was divided in half, Texas would drop to the 3rd largest state. Note: I love my friend from Texas. Just having fun! :)

1626474859142.png

Attachments

Last edited:

Sourdough

"Eleutheromaniac"
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
Yes........Three Sunrises and Three Sunsets in the Morning and then in the West there is One more Sunrise and Two Sunsets in the Evening. And I have a fairly good source of water should "Both" of my water wells fail.

So do I have something that no one else has...........????

And "World Class" White water rafting and kayaking.

six mile creek, alaska - Bing images

1626477212636.png

Last edited:

Neb

Jack of all trades master of some
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
Most eastern?

20210716_190817.jpg

Help me understand that statement please.

Curious

Ben

Sourdough

"Eleutheromaniac"
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
Most eastern?

View attachment 69616

Help me understand that statement please.

Curious

Ben
Alaska is on Both sides of "The International Dateline"........which separates east from west. So from the International Dateline, going east or west the first State of America you encounter is Alaska.

Last edited:

Neb

Neighbor
HCL Supporter
Yes........Three Sunrises and Three Sunsets in the Morning and then in the West there is One more Sunrise and Two Sunsets in the Evening. And I have a fairly good source of water should "Both" of my water wells fail.

So do I have something that no one else has...........????

And "World Class" White water rafting and kayaking.

six mile creek, alaska - Bing images

View attachment 69617
Seems like this is a resource waiting to be properly exploited.

I think I understand your disdain for other humans (which I share) but coule you develop a hunting lodge where you and the few other members if the community control all ot of the support systems as a tourest destination?

Three sunrise lodge

Ben

Sourdough

"Eleutheromaniac"
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
Alaska also has more Ocean frontage then "ALL" of the 48 States in contiguous in America combined. (What we call the Lower-48)

Neb

Neighbor
HCL Supporter
Alaska is on Both sides of "The International Dateline"........which separates east from west. So from the International Dateline, going east or west the first State of America you encounter is Alaska.
OK

20210716_194411.jpg

That answers my question but presents a bit of a quandary.

If tou were to fly from your place to the most easterly part of Alaska you would fly west?

Ben

Sourdough

"Eleutheromaniac"
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
Seems like this is a resource waiting to be properly exploited.

I think I understand your disdain for other humans (which I share) but coule you develop a hunting lodge where you and the few other members if the community control all ot of the support systems as a tourest destination?

Three sunrise lodge

Ben
Not a good location for a hunting/fishing lodge. It is ripe for a medium size hotel catering to many diverse interests........including Snow machining and Helicopter sking the back country in winter. Rafting and fishing and gold prospecting in the summer. There is still a lot of gold here.

Sourdough

"Eleutheromaniac"
Neighbor
HCL Supporter

Neb

Neighbor
HCL Supporter
Not a good location for a hunting/fishing lodge. It is ripe for a medium size hotel catering to many diverse interests........including Snow machining and Helicopter sking the back country in winter. Rafting and fishing and gold prospecting in the summer. There is still a lot of gold here.
Alaska the state of today an tomorrow

You have my permision to copyright that line for your marketing material.

Ben

Sourdough

"Eleutheromaniac"
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
I think I understand your disdain for other humans
I don't have a distain of humans. I like humans and I like Grizzly Bears.........I simply don't feel either one can be blindly "Trusted". My point is that in any anarchy SHTF eituation, best to be far-far-far from humans.

Neb

Neighbor
HCL Supporter
I don't have a distain of humans. I like humans and I like Grizzly Bears.........I simply don't feel either one can be blindly "Trusted". My point is that in any anarchy SHTF eituation, best to be far-far-far from humans.
My renter has a sign in her house that reads...

Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger.
Except bears. Bears will kill you.

Ben

Sourdough

"Eleutheromaniac"
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger.
Except bears. Bears will kill you.
In two weeks will be the one year ago my neighbor and friend of 23'ish years was killed and eaten in our backyard. A truly horrific way to die.

Sourdough

"Eleutheromaniac"
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
This "contest" is finished.........and Rebecca is the winner.

Maybe a Moderator or Administrator should lock or close the thread.

Last edited:

Newbri

A Gabonese Prepper-ish woman
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
That was really entertaining to watch. There's no way I would have guessed that.

But I learned two new fun facts from it. So that's cool.

Sourdough

"Eleutheromaniac"
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
I have aspired to present myself as a tequila drunkard. But I actually wait till about an hour or two before bed to have a few hits. I like to do that outdoors in paradise. Even in the winter when it is horrific vile weather, the last chore of the day is too dump the Pee buckets ( large Folgers coffee cans). So in winter, I don't sit out in the 7 or 9 feet of snow for my evening drink after dumping the buckets. But in the summer, I love to spend the last few hours in my lawn chair, solving all of the worlds problems at no cost or charge to the world.

So after this contest ended........I was confused as to "Exactly" how many of each I was experiencing from my property. So I have concluded that sunrise can only be counter so long as the sun is still rising, therefore there are only three sunrises. But there are two sunsets. Last night was the end of my two sunsets for this year. I sat for a long time trying to figure out if I could extend the experience of two sunsets, by moving my chair either down the mountain or higher up the mountain. I concluded that moving the chair would position me too far from the tequila bottle, which is generally in the refrigerator, in the cabin. When I realized this I decided to be content with the end of the two sunsets shows for this year.

THANKS Everyone.........this was a fun contest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts