Cotton Fabric face masks

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Swing

Porch Lover
Staff member
Admin
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
I was sewing some today for local relatives. Alabama now asking everyone to wear one when out for essential business stuff.

20200405_134457.jpg
20200405_143710.jpg

Took me one to adapt pattern I was using to get what felt comfortable and easy for older family.

I also made a smaller version for my 9 yr old granddaughter.

(Oh! No! Now you know how I look when not prepared for photos, and just doing at home working.)

Last edited:
Each is 3 layers of quilting cotton or muslin. The front is lined with muslin, then a different fabric on the back so you can keep the same side out each time.

Here is a YouTube I based mine on. But I don't have ties on these. I have 6.5 inch loop from top to bottom of elastic on the sides. Fits over ears. The elastic in this is longer and goes over head and around neck.

Below gives the measurements.

https://www.madeeveryday.com/fabric...4ZZslH8eGGzdW__4UjcwvE9o5ZuAXZUjJ30a8NGbTbf6M
For my 9 year old granddaughter, I made the ear elastic 5.5 inches and cut the rectangle down by an inch at top and one side. Same number of pleats but shallower.

So, using it to commit a crime isn't what it's rated for? :)

Latest posts

Back