country living grain mill

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The price has gone up since I looked earlier. It was maybe $14, now is $50.

They are $400 new. The one I bought ended up at $225 after shipping. If it's a country living mill you can call them or go online and order every part you need. Do you have a picture?

Mine is an antique. It says No. 2 1/2 on it. It looks similar to this one. The grinding stone is at the bottom of the hopper. You can tell that is has really been used a lot for grinding.

I have a few others, but picked this up a couple years ago, hoping that it would be usable some day.

images

I have one of these hand mills as well.
images

This is what my electrical one looks like. It is a Retsel.
images

I have one more grain grinder which involves two stones, one that is larger with an indent on the top, the other which is smaller and fits in the hand for grinding. I have never used it, but I do know there are many people who have used this type of grinder over the years, centuries, and millenniums.

Last edited:
I watched Out of Goshen this morning. They bought some land in the fall in Michigan and want to "homestead." They are a Jewish family of 9. They moved from Pensacola, Florida last spring and traveled the country, looking for a new place to live. The parents used to raise lots of chickens in southern Colorado, so they have some experience with living on land.

People often send them things from their wish list. Today, they opened a box that had a grain mill that I have been looking for (because I need another one, not). It is one that is similar to the cast iron (?) Universal food grinders. I have searched ebay for the grain version, and they are not easy to find.

The grain grinder get unpacked at about 2:00 in this video.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back