Crabby peacock

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pearl

Finder of lost things AND The Boss
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
IMG_20220601_160620680~2.jpg
Its a zoo here today!! Just found this peacock, not a good picture because he's not happy. He was getting beat up by mama Angus cows across the road, they ripped his tail feathers out. He managed to hop the fence and now he's here! He was really rattled and pissed off, calming down some now. Hopefully he has some hens somewhere he'll go back to!!😮

A couple of years ago 3 peacocks showed up here. Two days later a guy driving by stopped and asked if I had seen them. I took him back to a big tree and said there they are. He told me his hen had been hit by a car and now the males were wandering to look for another hen. The peacocks were way up in the tree so he couldn't get to them.
He left and the peacocks were gone the next morning. No idea what ever happened.

I had one named Henry when I was a kid, he followed me around like a dog. I would love to have another!

You could go to Pearl's house. Bert probably wouldn't mind a new home. Seems like things have been pretty stressful for him at Pearl's.

Pearl, you must be a kindred spirit with my wife. She is like St. Francis of Assisi. Animals in trouble just seem to find her. We once had an injured goose land in the front yard. He stayed there until we called DNR, and they came and picked him up.

You could go to Pearl's house. Bert probably wouldn't mind a new home. Seems like things have been pretty stressful for him at Pearl's.

Pearl, you must be a kindred spirit with my wife. She is like St. Francis of Assisi. Animals in trouble just seem to find her. We once had an injured goose land in the front yard. He stayed there until we called DNR, and they came and picked him up.

We had a goose land in our backyard one time. Not enough room for it to take off, so hubs caught it and took it the main road that had plenty of room for take off. He made sure there was no traffic at the time

He won't go home. if a peacock loses its tail, it hides out until they grow back.
He'll simmer down when he finds a place to hide, or a fox eats him.

Bert update!! I found out he lives down the end of the road. The couple that live there are not very animal smart. They got Bert because they "wanted" a peacock, that's not a happy situation for Bert! I see and hear him often, he roams the area. Surprised he is still living!!

View attachment 87329Its a zoo here today!! Just found this peacock, not a good picture because he's not happy. He was getting beat up by mama Angus cows across the road, they ripped his tail feathers out. He managed to hop the fence and now he's here! He was really rattled and pissed off, calming down some now. Hopefully he has some hens somewhere he'll go back to!!😮
Watch your rigs. They will climb on them to perch - scratches them up.
Okay - read the rest of the comments. I'd still watch my rigs.

Reactions: Neb
they'll perch on the highest thing they can flap to, just make sure its not your ride.

OH, here. problem solved if he's a blue.
https://ibc7.org/eat-peacock/

Latest posts

Back