Crazy Prices!

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Weedygarden

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
We all know that prices of everything is going up. Have you seen any ridiculous prices?

I saw this price on a Gamma Seal lid for a five gallon bucket, about $30 for one. I did some looking around on the web and didn't see any better prices the other day, but today, there are some better prices. I saw prices from $9.20 each and upward. Not as cheap as when I used to order them or buy them in Home Depot, but nothing is cheap now. I do have some of these lids, but would always like more. If you don't have any for your five gallon buckets of food, try one. Before I found these, I used to use a tool to pry off the lids from buckets and the tool broke. The one I show is made of plastic and the one I had was made of metal, maybe aluminum.

5 gallon bucket lid removal tool.JPG
Gamma seal lids.JPG

It "ain't" even started yet. Right now, everything is on super-super sale. 70% off.

Gold Medal flour at Walmart. Online says 3.83/5lbs, but I’m pretty sure I saw $4.x on the end cap. Flour is usually one of the cheaper items during this baking season. I’d say that’s double last year.
Shame on me for lunch yesterday. Two sandwiches, two fries, and soft drink upgraded to shake. $28.24. I could not enjoy it at that price though it was good. And we went away still hungry.
Stay home. Just stay home.

Vienna sausage $1 a can, 6 months ago they were 75 cents, ravioli is up from 85 cents to a buck fifty, don't get me started on the 1.50 soup, and ALL THE DAMNED FRUIT COCKTAIL IS MADE IN F**KING CHINA! EVEN THE PEACHES! WE'RE THE PEACH STATE FOR CRAP SAKE! at least the poor folks food is still affordable. everything else is up 50+%!

I saw this price on a Gamma Seal lid for a five gallon bucket, about $30 for one.

I was going to get some last spring, but they were 25 bucks everywhere I looked.

The cheap butter just went from $4.XX to 5.XX this week. At least there was some on the shelf, which is better than a week ago.
I just scored some Irish butter for $3.80 and thought that was a good deal.
Also found some dish soap that was discounted for $1.89 everything else started at $4+

When all those chickens were killed of earlier this year, we sadly had to know that poultry and eggs were going to skyrocket in price.

your right. the cold is here and my chickens are in winter laying mode, which aint much. im glad i waterglassed a bunch of eggs this summer to make sure i have them for over winter. just wanted to get some store eggs when i could to put off dipping into my saved eggs. looks like i wont be buying much more eggs.

I have turned down three medium size turkeys in the last ten days. Right now, there is so much free food in Alaska, zero qualifications. They bring huge trucks to a town full of all kinds of food, all they ask is for many of the towns people to be at the school to help get the food into the lobby. Once that is done everyone in town is welcome to all they want, you have to bring your own boxes, to haul it away. Next day anything remaining a noon get hauled to the dump.
Anchorage, AK. is prepping ten thousand free complete turkey dinners for the locals.

Nutiva Organic Steam-Refined Coconut Oil, 15 Fluid Ounce,

I was just going to order (6) SIX more of this, current price (Amazon) $10.99 ea.
Four weeks ago, I bought (4) @ $5.79 ea.

Bought 2 turkeys today @ 49 cents a pound.
We grow every thing else that goes with it.
Our sales price is 45 cents right now. I have enough room to get 3 more to thaw in the fridge. I have 3 already in the freezer. Plan is to boil and can up the extra that I pick up tomorrow. I get an extra 25% this week on store brands. so plan is to stock up while I can.

Vienna sausage $1 a can, 6 months ago they were 75 cents, ravioli is up from 85 cents to a buck fifty, don't get me started on the 1.50 soup, and ALL THE DAMNED FRUIT COCKTAIL IS MADE IN F**KING CHINA! EVEN THE PEACHES! WE'RE THE PEACH STATE FOR CRAP SAKE! at least the poor folks food is still affordable. everything else is up 50+%!
Sorry but I do not buy any of those. Make your own and learn how to preserve your own. So much cheaper.

Odd thing, chocolate hasn't changed much at all here, up maybe a buck since last year. tons of 5LB nestle samplers. I just laid up 20 lbs for winter.
maybe $50

I just scored some Irish butter for $3.80 and thought that was a good deal.
Also found some dish soap that was discounted for $1.89 everything else started at $4+
That works out cheaper than in Ireland....

Went to a friend's house during the week to help her set up social media for her new business. Stopped to get diesel (which has dropped this week, 1.95 now) and thought, I'll bring something with me as a treat, picking up a small pack of 5 rocky road slices. They used to be around €3. It wasn't till I got to the till that I realised they were €5.35! won't be doing that again. She had just opened a pack of ginger nuts so I took them home again :) Theres six of us, guess who didn't get one lol

If there is one that is going the other direction it is 3 V Gear. They are having a lot of sales. I am sure it is pre-holiday pricing, but I just bought a 3 season sleeping bag for under $30.00. I have some of their other gear, and it is good stuff, so fingers crossed this will be good as well.

Sorry but I do not buy any of those. Make your own and learn how to preserve your own. So much cheaper.
I know how to make and preserve my own, however my living circumstances preclude it. :)

No canning here. no sausage making either.

Just did a stock up at WINCO big box and if you bought over $125 you got a free turkey (they wouldn't give me three which I thought was unfair after i filled the cart).. Normal price for the cheapest frozen one was 99 cents a pound. It should be thawed tomorrow and be ready to cook and freeze dry.

Back