Crazy Prices!

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone ever use an electric blanket?
No, I'm serious.
🤣
We don't have chickens but I would imagine the chickens would make a huge mess and you would end up with a smelly nasty blanket.

We have one on our bed. I turn my side on high about 15 to 20 minutes before I get in bed and it's nice and toasty.
I turn it off before I go to sleep otherwise I get to hot.

My german shepherd dogs sleep in the snow even though they have access to a boot room. It's too warm inside for them. They like the house in the summer because it's cooler.
Lol, mine sleeps in bed, snuggles with his favorite cat! He's not old enough to have ever seen snow!

I have 4 big dogs that roll in whatever poop they come across and/or rotting something or other and eat chicken poop every chance they get.

I doubt even you, would want them snuggling in your bed. They won't be seeing a bath till spring. It's too cold and stripping the natural oils out of their coats wouldn't be good in the winter. Their coats and under coats are so thick, it's almost impossible to get them wet down to the skin anyways.

I need them outside chasing critters off so they stay acclimated to the outdoors first and foremost.

All that said, my dogs are suited for their life. I wouldn't expose a short haired breed to the elements the same way. They still wouldn't get on the bed or furniture though.

Gold Medal flour at Walmart. Online says 3.83/5lbs, but I’m pretty sure I saw $4.x on the end cap. Flour is usually one of the cheaper items during this baking season. I’d say that’s double last year.
Shame on me for lunch yesterday. Two sandwiches, two fries, and soft drink upgraded to shake. $28.24. I could not enjoy it at that price though it was good. And we went away still hungry.
Stay home. Just stay home.
My kid works at McDonald's now. She told me about a deal buried on their menu - called a McDouble bundle. It's a McDouble burger, basically a double cheeseburger that I think has less than 1/4 pound of meat and 1 slice of cheese on it. And it's a small fries. No drink included. At her store it's $3.50. So if I'm going to McDonald's, which is admittedly a rare occurrence, I'll get that deal instead of a quarter pounder meal which is over $8. It's more than half as much food for less than half the price.

I illustrate that simply to show that knowledge is a resource that can help offset some of the effects of this ridiculous inflation. She reminded me of the deal so I could get it. I think we all need to double down on finding the deals that'll help us save money, and talking to others, asking what they're seeing, can help...

Anyone ever use an electric blanket?
No, I'm serious.
Yes, but not anymore. All the critters climb up with me and I'm covered - I can't move.

My kid works at McDonald's now. She told me about a deal buried on their menu - called a McDouble bundle. It's a McDouble burger, basically a double cheeseburger that I think has less than 1/4 pound of meat and 1 slice of cheese on it. And it's a small fries. No drink included. At her store it's $3.50. So if I'm going to McDonald's, which is admittedly a rare occurrence, I'll get that deal instead of a quarter pounder meal which is over $8. It's more than half as much food for less than half the price.

I illustrate that simply to show that knowledge is a resource that can help offset some of the effects of this ridiculous inflation. She reminded me of the deal so I could get it. I think we all need to double down on finding the deals that'll help us save money, and talking to others, asking what they're seeing, can help...
Related...

Order a quarter pounder with no cheese and you still pay for the cheese.

Order a quarter pound hamburger instead.

Ben

Related...

Order a quarter pounder with no cheese and you still pay for the cheese.

Order a quarter pound hamburger instead.

Ben
Totally unrelated, but it might get a smile. I went to McD’s a couple of days ago. Not to eat, but to see my son. He recently started there and really likes it. I liked seeing him cook and hustle at work. Never saw that at home.😊

Go to Taco Bell and order a bean burrito with green sauce and no red sauce and they will charge you 80 cents extra for the green sauce and you get no discount for no red sauce.
It's only 80 cents but it still gripes me to no end.
I asked the manager and she said it was the way it is and there isn't anything she can do. I know she doesn't set policy so I took a seat.
My wife orders now.

Totally unrelated, but it might get a smile. I went to McD’s a couple of days ago. Not to eat, but to see my son. He recently started there and really likes it. I liked seeing him cook and hustle at work. Never saw that at home.😊
Exact same with my daughter! She is doing quite well and management keeps trying to schedule her for more hours than she wants. People who have seen her there have told me she's doing a good job of working quick and efficiently. But at home I can't even get her to put the cap back on the milk! :LOL:

Found that out with new windshield wipers. Didn't they used to come two to a pack?
A very long time ago yes. We are seeing average pricing for a pair of wipers that hedge around $50.00 to $60.00 a pair. Add to that they typically wear out within 6 months or less. It is not like the old days for sure. Costs have exponentially gone up often daily. In this state it is stupid expensive for a crap burger but over the state line it is half the cost. All about the "minimum" wage. Our state leaders have taken us over the edge to a fast track into the toilet. Much like the Sodom and Gomorrah image I saw earlier today.

Exact same with my daughter! She is doing quite well and management keeps trying to schedule her for more hours than she wants. People who have seen her there have told me she's doing a good job of working quick and efficiently. But at home I can't even get her to put the cap back on the milk! :LOL:

You don't have as good a pay package... :)

Well, a fathers love goes a long ways. (especially as time goes bye)

Eggs at Aldi last week were $4.09/dozen. I remember not so long ago they were .39 per dozen at the same store. 😡
I went to the local grocery store today to pick up some last minute items for Christmas weekend. I shouldn't have picked up some of the goodies like donuts, Dr. Pepper, and english muffin bread.....but it's Christmas! LOL!

Anyways, I looked at egg prices and a dozen regular eggs were over $5 per dozen. However, organic eggs (which I hardly ever buy) were $2.99 per dozen. So organic eggs at my expensive local grocery store were cheaper than Aldi eggs??? Make that make sense. :dunno:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back