Create electricity with a modified alternator and an electric motor?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sound is vibrations and that is energy. Does anyone have a sound powered generator? My wife is on the phone enough to keep the batteries topped off with even a small system.

I definitely appreciate all the input and the discussions. As I sit here now I do not have the extra cash or time to attempt such a thing but maybe later this year or next winter I may have both and for about a $500 investment, if using all new parts and less if I source used or discarded parts, it would be less than 2 days of work to try and recreate the device including the time waiting for the epoxy to dry. I don't know if it will actually work or if it will be a waste of time, but I am certain if I did get it to work most people will say I faked it. I understand the difference of opinions based on individual training and experience. I remember way back in electronics class, and possibly the first year of auto shop, that the teacher said you can't make an electric motor that powers itself. Why should I doubt what i was taught in school, it was in the text book and repeated by the teacher. I am not saying he was right, I am not saying he was wrong, but over time one thing that is proven time and time again is that science is not always correct or absolute.

Either way, it will be a learning experience if the time comes that I attempt such a thing. But, if someone has the various parts available and wishes to invest in $20 worth of magnets and some epoxy resin it would be a good weekend project. It looks like the most strenuous work is lifting the alternator and the motor off the counter or floor and cutting the steel "fangs" off the alternator. Maybe, just maybe, some big company will force you to stop making them but if it worked and you kept it quiet you could use word of mouth and sell them to friends and neighbors. That is my thought, but I would want to make it for 120 volts if possible.

Sound is vibrations and that is energy. Does anyone have a sound powered generator? My wife is on the phone enough to keep the batteries topped off with even a small system.
That would be a microphone. However, it puts out micro milliamps and low voltage and requires an amplifier to be of use. As a usable electric generator, it would be useless. You couldn't even charge a AAA lithium battery with it. The principle of the dynamic mic or speaker which is moving a coil over a permanent magnet has been experimented with on a larger scale for home use, but it doesn't have the efficiency of a turbine. My idea is if you have the power to drive a generator, then get the most efficient generator you can.

Reactions: Neb
So...if you put a generator and motor on a common shaft, you can't run the motor off the generator even with a high end capacitor and transformer?

I got called an idiot by my shop teacher for suggesting such a thing, but he worked on such a thing for almost as long as I knew him. he did create a magnetic PTO as big as a hubcap powered by a cassette recorder motor though. some crap about frictionless bearings.

So...if you put a generator and motor on a common shaft, you can't run the motor off the generator even with a high end capacitor and transformer?

I got called an idiot by my shop teacher for suggesting such a thing, but he worked on such a thing for almost as long as I knew him. he did create a magnetic PTO as big as a hubcap powered by a cassette recorder motor though. some crap about frictionless bearings.
The short answer is no.

https://electricalacademia.com/dc-machines/efficiency-of-dc-motor-and-dc-generator/

Last edited:
Why bother? if it was faked its crap. I just want to know how it was done.
Besides, I'm pretty much an idiot past changing a plug end or a fuse when it comes to electrical crap. :p

So how was the video faked? I'm not physicist/electrician enough to understand.
It wasn't faked.
In the first post, if you watched the second video, you can hear him talk a little about the neodymium magnets they put in the motor, and you can hear him zip his lips quick on the details. (7:59 forward)
That is where the power comes from.
The main takeaway for people should be is, that is no ordinary motor in their setup.

Last edited:
This video explains why this system is fake and why they fake it. The alternative free energy videos are made for one purpose only - to make money. Why does the guy go to great lengths to replace magnets in the alternator? Because it looks convincing to those that don't understand the basics of energy and electricity.

• Love
...- to make money. Why does the guy go to great lengths to replace magnets in the alternator? Because it looks convincing to those that don't understand the basics of energy and electricity.

Exactly!

Since we can't see or feel electricity and magnatism but only their effects it looks a lot like magic.

Ben

This video explains why this system is fake and why they fake it. The alternative free energy videos are made for one purpose only - to make money. Why does the guy go to great lengths to replace magnets in the alternator? Because it looks convincing to those that don't understand the basics of energy and electricity.

Have him explain this one:
https://www.homesteadingforum.org/threads/create-electricity-with-a-modified-alternator-and-an-electric-motor.15172/post-436716
No wires going to that motor.
Permanent magnets produce power.

If anyone needs the basics... I still have my navy manuals, basic electronics through missile school. (I actually had to read 3 pages to remember how the left hand rule works 🤣).

Motors Gen 31a.JPG

A better video of the Libert setup.
I was wrong when I said they put the magnets in the motor, they went into the alternator.
They are still where the power comes from.

And if it had hidden batteries, they wouldn't need to rope-start it :rolleyes:.
(oh, and this technology is not new, it has been around since the early 70's. It is just not for you ;).)

Last edited:
Look again! There are two wires going to the motor. It is driven by the same source that powers the lights. There are 100 ways to blank out the wires coming from the power source to that ridiculous setup on the board. If these guys had such an invention, then they would have it patented and be making millions or Elon Musk would have them employed paying them outrageous sums of money.

All these videos are illusions and tricks. Permanent magnets only produce power when MOVED! It takes continual energy from some source to move the magnets. Watch the video I posted earlier, it clearly explains how permanent magnets work. Study how lightning is produced. It takes other energy source to make that electricity.

Try dragging your shoes across the carpet and you may get an electrical discharge when you touch the metal doorknob. Stand still by the doorknob for a few seconds and then you won't get a discharge because there wasn't any energy source IE friction producing static electricity.

If any of these free energy schemes worked, some country would be using them and have an unstoppable military. Doesn't it make you wonder how such simple technology has eluded the world's best scientists and engineers, but a couple of young men can make a perpetual motion electric generator out of inefficient motors? Not one of these video manipulators can explain how it works.

If you think it works then built one. If it works then you have miracle energy for free to power your house, maybe your town if you go for a giant industrial motor, :D:D:D if it fails just makes your own video and make money from selling ads. It is a win win! :good luck:

If any of these free energy schemes worked, some country would be using them and have an unstoppable military. Doesn't it make you wonder how such simple technology has eluded the world's best scientists and engineers, but a couple of young men can make a perpetual motion electric generator out of inefficient motors? Not one of these video manipulators can explain how it works.

If you think it works then built one. If it works then you have miracle energy for free to power your house, maybe your town if you go for a giant industrial motor, :D:D:D if it fails just makes your own video and make money from selling ads. It is a win win! :good luck:
I already built one, you didn't follow the link I posted to the other thread that is here:
https://www.homesteadingforum.org/threads/generate-electricity-from-thin-air.1637/post-408169
No, it is not new... From the late 70's:
https://www.homesteadingforum.org/threads/generate-electricity-from-thin-air.1637/post-408202
I don't think you understand how the world works for us.
Walk out and take a look at the power-meter on the side of your house.
It belongs to a very powerful company, and they will buy any, and every, patent that threatens their monopoly:waiting:.
*Disclaimer: Super owns stock in a power company.

Last edited:
I already built one, you didn't follow the link I posted to the other thread that is here:
https://www.homesteadingforum.org/threads/generate-electricity-from-thin-air.1637/post-408169
No, it is not new... From the late 70's:
https://www.homesteadingforum.org/threads/generate-electricity-from-thin-air.1637/post-408202
I don't think you understand how the world works for us.
Walk out and take a look at the power meter on the side of your house.
It belongs to a very powerful company, and they will buy any, and every, patent that threatens their monopoly:waiting:.
*Disclaimer: Super owns stock in a power company.
A valid patent for such a thing would be interesting.... if one exists.

For now I am betting on thermodynamics that says you don't get something for nothing.

Ben

Last edited:
A US patent by any chance?

Was that an application or a recognized patent.

Hard to tell what that invention actually does. No mention of perpetual morion or energy generation.

Still betting on thermodynamics. ;)

Ben
It's ok. Shovel some coal in the boiler of your steam train and head down the tracks with thermodynamics.
It has always worked and always will. :thumbs:

It's ok. Shovel some coal in the boiler of your steam train and head down the tracks with thermodynamics.
It has always worked and always will. :thumbs:
Good.

Einstein agreed with you when he said that thermodynamics is the one area of physics that would withstand the test of time.

See here

Ben

I got the coal and just need a boiler.

A valid patent for such a thing would be interesting.... if one exists.

For now I am betting on thermodynamics that says you don't get something for nothing.

Ben
Yep, friction, resistance alone are enough to keep you for having something for nothing, I'm pretty sure Nikola Tesla would have figured self powered things while he was still alive, after all he's the one who invented the Polyphase electrical system we use to this day.

going out on a limb here, but wouldn't magnets be a form of perpetual energy.
"science" is a sponsored action, produce the answers the sponsor wants. ergo no free energy. kind of like the selective pollution print of electric vehicles.

going out on a limb here, but wouldn't magnets be a form of perpetual energy.
"science" is a sponsored action, produce the answers the sponsor wants. ergo no free energy. kind of like the selective pollution print of electric vehicles.
Magnets do nothing unless they are forced through a coil of wire. The magnets will induce an electrical current in the coil but it takes more power to get it through the coil than is produced.
Magnets also don't hold their magnetism forever. They lose that power over time and through usage.

science is not a sponsored action - you're talking about research not science.

But can said generation be improved? So far you get out pretty much what you put in, then entropy sets in and, as Neb pointed out, things wind down and bullox up the works.

Latest posts

Back