Crocheting Project ideas and patterns

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Knitted washcloths

Attachments

• Message_1576626708814.jpg
    Message_1576626708814.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 19
@MoBookworm1957 Have you seen patterns to make your own socks? It's a finer yarn, but how cozy! Maybe that's not something you're interested in making, but they are certainly useful and do wear out. Just a thought. I have a friend who knits so I make her homemade lotion and she makes me socks:) I love them year 'round.

@MoBookworm1957 Have you seen patterns to make your own socks? It's a finer yarn, but how cozy! Maybe that's not something you're interested in making, but they are certainly useful and do wear out. Just a thought. I have a friend who knits so I make her homemade lotion and she makes me socks:) I love them year 'round.
Haven't tried them yet.

@MoBookworm1957 Not sure if it's something you'd be interested in at all, but when I go to estate sales, one of the things I look for is pillow cases with the crocheted edges. Also, one of my favorite gifts that I beg of my mom when need be is the flour sack towels with the crocheted edges. I'm thinking a holiday bazaar with such items might make some nice "extra" money. Some people don't like using the crochet thread - not sure your thoughts. My mom only does because I whine - I'm her kid ;). Anyhoo, just a thought.

You're welcome.
I'm told it's a Purl stitch.
But I'm left handed so it looks knitted to me.
You start with 2 stitches on your knitting needles and increase until you get the desired size.
This is a part of a child's Christmas gift made with leftover yarn out of grand daughter's yarn basket.

My Wife is into crocheting. We have yarn everywhere lol.

She made me this a few years ago. She has also made Harley Blankets. She also made a queen size for our bed that is black with a full moon and a wolf silhouette.
dodge ram.jpg

I love it when the guys show off their sweetheart's work. Equally enjoy seeing woodworking and all the crafty stuff everyone does.
Lost touch with my friend, but I think she crocheted the hot pads. They are the BEST.
Pretty afghan throw by your sweetie, @Curmudgeon !

I saw this pattern and immediately was drawn to it, because of the possibilities of using something like this when going on a walk, or somewhere that carrying a purse or backpack is awkward. After I looked at this yesterday, I thought about making something similar out of leather. If I was to crochet this, I would not use this yarn.

Reflective Wrist Pouch free crochet pattern - Cre8tion Crochet

Reflective Wrist Pouch

This little wrist pouch works up in no time, using Red Heart Reflective yarn, and it perfect for holding small things, such as cash or a house key during your morning or evening jog.

image: https://cre8tioncrochet.com/wp-cont...t-you-dont-want-to-carry-your-bag-around..jpg

Free-pattern-for-wrist-cuff-using-Reflective-yarn.-Perfect-for-keeping-a-few-dollars-and-a-key-for-those-days-that-you-dont-want-to-carry-your-bag-around..jpg

YARN
20 yds Red Heart Reflective

MATERIALS
Size J- 6.00mm crochet hook
1- ¾” button
Tapestry Needle

DIFFICULTY
Beginner

SIZE(S)
One Size- Fits up to 7” wrist

GAUGE
7 hdc x 5 rows- 2”

STITCH GUIDE

ch(s) – chain(s), sc – single crochet, hdc – half double crochet, st(s) – stitch(es), BLO – back loop only, hdc2tog- half double crochet 2 sts together, sc2tog- single crochet 2 sts together, sl st – slip stitch
NOTES
  • Ch. 1 at the beginning of each row WILL NOT count as a st unless noted otherwise.
image: https://cre8tioncrochet.com/wp-cont...-and-your-house-key-or-car-key-for-those-.jpg

Reflective-Wrist-Cuff.-Free-Pattern.-This-cuff-is-perfect-for-holding-a-couple-bucks-and-your-house-key-or-car-key-for-those-.jpg

Click HERE to continue on to this pattern on the AllieCat’s Hats and Crafts blog.

Read more at Reflective Wrist Pouch free crochet pattern - Cre8tion Crochet

I like the leather idea. I am going to make one
thanks for the idea
I made this coin purse for the wifey

Attachments

• 20200229_155948.jpg
    20200229_155948.jpg
    162.3 KB · Views: 13

Latest posts

Back