DAD DAMN GAS PRICES !!!

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frodo

Walk with God, You will never be lost
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
right here right now maybe later over there
$4.45-$4.60 for regular in my area
I was talking to some truckers at a truck stop
They said if diesel goes up any more, Truckers are going to start parking their trucks.
there pay is not going up. and the cost of diesel is making runs not profitable
On the highway close to me. I counted 7 tractor rigs for sale. Seeing that is rare

Not only truckers, but farmers too.
The profit margin isn’t all that high on crops to begin with.
gas went up 10 cents here just since yesterday.
Regular 87 octane E-10 is now $4.85

I just came from produce auction, and it seems that farmers, for now, will recoup expenses, but boy, will the general public pay. Tomatos sold for 67.50 25 lb box (1/2 bushel?) and first of the season strawberries for $5/quart. These are quantity sales, not small lots, that will go around the region and be resold. If you figure in time and gas for the middleman….. food will be expensive.
I’m thankful for the garden, and knowing where to find a few things growing wild.

Friend o' mine told me that regular unleaded was $6.75 per gallon in San Diego about a week ago, and that was before the big price hike, lol. That means Diesel #2 is gonna be higher, no point in fueling in Kalifornia if you can avoid doing so. During my "trucking daze" most outfits would tell drivers NOT to fuel in Kalifornia unless absolutely necessary, and even then we were limited to 50 gallons, lol. On the southern routes, we'd tank up in OK, MO, or TX, where fuel was cheap... I still remember Diesel #2 selling for $.96 per gallon in OKC, lol. :oops:

During my "trucking daze" most outfits would tell drivers NOT to fuel in Kalifornia unless absolutely necessary, and even then we were limited to 50 gallons, lol.

I got sent to California once with a flatbed load of crane parts. Once empty I called dispatch and told them to "get me outta here", lol, and I advised them I would not be returning, do not send me back.............I will not go, lol.

Latest posts

Back