Daily Survival = Junk Into Production

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like a good junk pile lol, it runs in the family.

My granddad made tractors like these during ww 2. a store bought tractor was not available. He said model As made the best tractor as compared to a model T
t5NBLKrl.jpg

This my dad and granddad made from a junkpile in the early 1960s, It still runs and operates. Fork truck with winch.

fPiXoO3l.jpg

AND THAT'S WHY MY WIFE WON'T LET ME GO ANY MORE FARM AUCTIONS!
My cousin told me the story of when she and her husband were first married. She is an RN, he was working the family farm. They were newly weds and had no money! He went to a farm auction and came home with a wooden boat that cost him $50! They did not fish, did not have a pond or any such water on the farm, and were worker bees, not people of leisure. I have no idea what happened to the boat, but there you go! Almost 50 years later and she still tells this story about him! He has gotten better with money!

I love all these old tractors and this equipment. Farm equipment has all vastly improved over time, but at a financial increase as well. You can spend more than a million dollars on a combine.

I know there are people who are all about restoring old tractors and equipment. There are places where there are annual gatherings, parades, and displays of such stuff. I imagine that a new tractor came on the scene, and this older tractor was parked and never needed. If it were me, I would want to paint it the original color.

My cousin told me the story of when she and her husband were first married. She is an RN, he was working the family farm. They were newly weds and had no money! He went to a farm auction and came home with a wooden boat that cost him $50! They did not fish, did not have a pond or any such water on the farm, and were worker bees, not people of leisure. I have no idea what happened to the boat, but there you go! Almost 50 years later and she still tells this story about him! He has gotten better with money!
I might be interested in that boat!

That’s what I call good old fashion American ingenuity! Hopefully there is some of that still around.

I love old tools and machinery. You see a lot of those items still in use in this area from the days of the colony.

I love all these old tractors and this equipment. Farm equipment has all vastly improved over time, but at a financial increase as well. You can spend more than a million dollars on a combine.

I know there are people who are all about restoring old tractors and equipment. There are places where there are annual gatherings, parades, and displays of such stuff. I imagine that a new tractor came on the scene, and this older tractor was parked and never needed. If it were me, I would want to paint it the original color.
We bought anold 1949 Massey Ferguson from a guy at hubby job sold it to an old man who loved tractors,he rode it in tractor show.

I was it the local junk yard and came across these steel lugged wheels. Called my brother to tell him about them and after a bunch of questions he thought they were for a allis chalmers b so I bought them for 90 dollars the pair. I have a allis chalmers b.

They fit perfectly, no more flats and worry about rubber tires.
xK4dK1ll.jpg

UjooiOYl.jpg

@randyt i like the tractor...but i see the end of a m37... i love them trucks ! hope to own one someday.

One of my many projects, I bought that truck in the mid 1980s was going to take it back to my little farm in Ky. But ended getting married instead and styed here in michigan. It sat around all these years. I started to work on it by and by. Going to start patching the body up. May put a flat bed on it.

jqEpQ43l.jpg

One of my many projects, I bought that truck in the mid 1980s was going to take it back to my little farm in Ky. But ended getting married instead and styed here in michigan. It sat around all these years. I started to work on it by and by. Going to start patching the body up. May put a flat bed on it.

jqEpQ43l.jpg
My bucket list is full of projects like that. Jealous here.
Hard to tell, that short frame stock?

Latest posts

Back