Deals; Sales; Items Back in Stock & On The Look Out

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Katie Müller

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
Since everyone is looking to save a few dollars maybe we can compare prices; deals; and sales.

Some deals that I have particularly been proud of are from Big Lots. If you're a Big Rewards member, they send 20% off coupons every so often, and we take advantage of those coupons. We recently got one and then we also got a $10 of $40 coupon on the receipt which we intend to use. Here are a few things, I particularly like from Big Lots.

Nature To Go, Dried Mango, 16 oz for $5.99
Dried Fruits, Various
Fresh Finds Peanut Butter Powder, 30 oz for $10.00
Crider Premium White Chicken, 12.5 oz for $1.99
Fresh Finds, Premium 100% Refined Coconut Oil, 60 oz for $7.50

Sadly the chicken has gone up .25 cents since 2020, but that's not horribly in light of how bad it could be or will be soon. The 102 oz Coconut oil also went up in price from $12 to $15, but the 60 oz jar stayed the same price o_O? Per ounce, the 60 oz for $7.50 is better. I like getting their 5 oz containers of dried fruit. My local Big Lots has Kiwi; Strawberry; Watermelon; Blueberries; Cherries -- a wide variety. The Nature To Go Mango is a better deal price-wise per ounce though.

I know everyone's shopping habits are different; many of us buy in bulk at Sam's Club or through Azure Standard, but I thought a thread where we can brag about deals and sales might be useful, where ever those sales and deals might be. Also, if anyone is looking for a specific item, if we see a deal online or know which site sells such an item for the cheapest price (or even a more expensive price but highest quality) we could aide one another in our quest for groceries and or miscellaneous products. We all could use money-saving deals. ^.^

If you like Big Lots, they will mark down close to date products 50%. They’re tricky, and management usually isn’t too obliging. If you find something a week before it’s best by date, they’ll mark it down. On or after that day, you can’t buy it. Best to just keep an eye out, maybe write down when a particular item is due, and then take all that you want to the register. Pretty much guaranteed that if you go back to get another, they’ve been pulled. Coffee and juice are good items to look at.
’Old’ stuff gets tossed, or employees can take it, I’ve been told, but it’s hard to get them to part with it sometimes.

@LadyLocust Where did you buy your 50# bags of Borax and Washing Soda?
I had to go hunting to try and remember where I got it: 50 # Washing soda currently $37.70 @ Azure Standard
I think I got the Borax at Bulk Apothecary. I recently had some friends get together and place a bulk order from ??? so got a 50# bag of WS for $15 & Borax for $36. I don't know where that was from though. If you search with the 50# in the search, you get better results for bulk.

Last edited:
@LadyLocust - I never saw this website before: Bulk Apothecary. Thank you :D

@Tootsie - I love their clearance section. The management at my local store is pretty good; they'd mark things down for me before without trouble.
That's where I get many of my EO's also. I think free shipping over $XX. I get an order together with my mom and another friend then no shipping fee.

@Amish Heart - I bookmarked the site! Looks like some of their stuff is out of stock? Either that or my browser won't load the page. But I intend to peruse through this. :D I need bulk baking chips and I see they've got it listed, but no product came up.

Hmmm. They have decent stock in store. I wonder if their computer person hasn't kept up with it. They are amish/mennonite and use some electricity. But hey, you can call them.
Baking chips, like chocolate chips are probably the same price in the stores near you, like Walmart.

Everyone tries to save money when buying something. When I order something online, I always look for advantageous promo codes; I usually get free shipping. This is actually a very nice bonus. I work as a sales manager in a fairly large company. When we introduce discount promo codes, people buy many of our products. I used to have a hard time keeping track of all the sales, but by installing deal tracking software, I can see all the sales. It is very convenient because all the necessary data is on the screen.

Last edited by a moderator:
Everyone tries to save money when buying something. When I order something online, I always look for advantageous promo codes; I usually get free shipping. This is actually a very nice bonus. I work as a sales manager in a fairly large company. When we introduce discount promo codes, people buy many of our products. I used to have a hard time keeping track of all the sales, but by installing deal tracking software, I can see all the sales. It is very convenient because all the necessary data is on the screen.

Welcome to the forum! We encourage all new members to jump over to the introduction section and introduce themselves so we can give you a proper welcome! 🙂

I have Capital One Shopping extension added to my browser. Used to be called wikibuy. When I shop Amazon or other shopping sites it always checks for a lower price. No cost to me. Does it track you? Probably, but what doesn't these days?
I bought a security system and got 40% off that was around $250.

Proudly made in Ukraine.
Screenshot_20220401-194904.png

Maxpedition is having a sale on their pocket organizer bags. By one get one free.
I am putting together small EDC bags for a car for Christmas presents.
I bought 8 bags and I'm going to look for things to put in them.
FAK, razor knife, marking pen, glow stick, etc.
Mostly to keep stuff organized that might come in handy but not a GHB or a survival bag.

BOGO Pocket Organizers

Back