Debt free! Sorta.

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, there's nothing wrong with clunkers as long as they are road worthy and safe. My car is a bit of a clunker but my wife's (they are both 1973 Fords) is a nice car that needs paint. My 1966 is in the shop and waiting for parts to assemble it. It won't be a clunker either but My wife tells me that she can't drive a stick because of her legs. She has nice legs.
Uh hum, she can use my Maverick whil I do a touch of body work and paint hers. The my Maverick goes into the shop for some major body work and paint. Then we will have three cars on the road, well not all at the same time. ;)
Maverick? I got a Maverick. Came from Washington state. It's a 1973, notta Grabber but I do have a Grabber hood and spoiler.

Okay this is sad if we're on rides. We have-
1973 Ford Maverick
1998 Chevy conversation van
2008 Toyota Yaris Momma's daily driver
2000 Toyota 4runner our snow truck
1996Toyota 4runner Momma's baby, no can sell
2007 Chevy 2500 pu
1996 Chevy 2500 pu my daily driver

The Maverick sits in storage, waiting for retirement so it can be restored.
The conversation van got us to and from during our bankruptcy. It's gotta go. As soon as we get everything out of it. Shed on wheels.
Sad! I know. But they are all paid off!

For a few years I've been looking for a small used motor home. Found a interesting one at a Dealer 2 hours away. Dealer's website said to let them know in advance so they can de-China Flu the unit and have it inside a building for the buyers comfort. I complied with their request by emailing them what unit I would like to look at and I'll be there at their opening hour in two days, OK. I got a email back stating they only hold units with a deposit and if I call them the morning of, they would try and hold the unit for me to look at. Unfortunately there is no body language to read in emails so perhaps I reading the Dealer's reply incorrectly. This unit has been listed for sale on the their web site for 1 year. Perhaps the Dealer just wanted me to be clear "first come first served"?

If I did read the Dealer's attitude correctly (demanding) I'll walk out and enjoy the two hour trip back home by looking at the secnery.

Latest posts

Back