Deer corn bread.

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Magus

The Shaman of suburbia.
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
Simmer one pound of deer meat until its falling off the bone with 2 cloves of garlic or half a red onion and a drained can of mushroom chunks OR 1 palm sized Portbello mushroom cap diced fine.
Using the broth mix up your favorite corn bread recipe, make it a bit stiff like for hush-puppies or fritters.
Add the meat and stir well.
when it's nearly done, add some grated Mozzarella cheese on top and finish baking.

Serve with home made or canned tomato soup.

Seattle day bread.
4 cups of corn meal.
1 cup of flour.
4 brown eggs.
1/4 to 1/2 cup of minced onion.
1 cup of mashed potatoes
1 package of fried and crushed bacon.
1/4 cup of bacon grease
Mix with buttermilk until a spoon stands up in the batter. (NOTE: Some folks like to add a cup of diced cheddar.)

Using a large Iron pan greased up with bacon grease, bake like corn pone or fry like a fritter, wrap in a clean red bandana and head to the log woods. :)
Best served at room temperature with a cold beer or warm with cold milk.

Cold Killer chicken stew.
1 gallon of distilled water.
4 boneless chicken breasts cut into 1/2 cubes.
Half a cup of fat.
1/2 a clove of minced garlic.
1/2 a red onion, diced fine.
1 fist sized red potato cut into 1/2 inch cubes.
2 red chili peppers diced or minced.
1 table spoon of sea salt
1/2 table spoon of white pepper.
1/2 table spoon of black pepper.
One table spoon of Italian seasonings.
1 stick of real butter.
1/4 cup of wild rice.
1/4 cup each of celery, carrots, and corn.
Simmer until done.

You fried chicken aficionados might notice a certain seven herbs and spices in my mix, that's right! KFC stew!

And now, after dinner cocktails!

Heart attack on the beach.
Pour one Monster loco mocha over crushed ice.
Add two ounces of your favorite spiced rum like Admiral Nelson, Kraken or Captain Morgan.
Shake well and sip slow!

My favorite bloody Mary mix.
In a 12 ounce glass mix 2 parts V8 spicy to 1 part Finlandia, Absolute or Skyy vodka.
1 tablespoon of FRENCH'S Worcestershire sauce. it MUST be French's!
a pinch of powdered cocktail salt.
a pinch of fine ground black pepper.
(optional: a tablespoon of Texas Pete hot sauce.)
2 tablespoons of real lemon or squeezed a 1/4th. of a lemon into it.
Shake well over crushed ice, makes two.

Alabama margarita.
1 two liter bottle of Mt. Dew.
2 tablespoons of powdered sugar.
2 tablespoons of salt ADDED SLOWLY OR YOU GOT A MESS mt. Dew goes volcanic when you add salt! an option is to use a salted glass.
1 fifth of your favorite silver tequila, I like two fingers brand or El Jimador.
1 shot of hot sauce.
The juice 1 lemon, one lime, and a wedge of grapefruit.
Add ice and stir.

Snakebite
In a pint bottle mix equal parts of Jagermeister, Skyy Vodka, Cinnamon Schnapps, peppermint schnapps, the juice of one lemon.
Serve as shots and chase with springwater. NOTE: You MUST chase with the springwater to buffer it into your system, you will have a very enjoyable, long lasting buzz, if not,
you will get very drunk, very fast and be VERY sick! great to serve an obnoxious A-hole at a party WITHOUT the chaser, make sure he passes out somewhere he can bazooka
barf without wrecking your stuff, like say in the back seat of his own car.

Black and blue
1/2 quality vodka, 1/2 Jagermeister, as before, you must have a spring-water chaser to buffer it in or bad things happen! serve as shots.

Rising sun. (ONLY for marijuana legal states!)
The week before your party, add two 1" long buds to a 5th of Saki and 1 tablespoon of brown sugar, re seal and chill until party time, drink slow

That cough syrup was made to be mixed with other stuff, I don't know anybody but hobos who drink it by itself.
its not bad in coffee.

Might as well post my 100% hangover cure.
1 bottle of Gatorade or Powerade
1 tablespoon of salt.
1 package of BC powder or three crushed aspirin
1 tablespoon of baking soda.
Mix well, sip gently.

That cough syrup was made to be mixed with other stuff, I don't know anybody but hobos who drink it by itself.
its not bad in coffee.

1 tablespoon of salt.
Mix well, sip gently.
My Pops said they had a "100%" cure in the Air Force too. Alka seltzer in tomato juice. When you drank it, you either puked and felt better, or you kept it down and you felt better...

Logical, but his remedy and mine have some key ingredients in common, after all, Alka seltzer is mostly baking soda and aspirin and the juice is a carbohydrate source. I wonder if adding powdered charcoal to either mix would improve the effectiveness? EMTs use it to absorb ingested poisons after all.

Logical, but his remedy and mine have some key ingredients in common, after all, Alka seltzer is mostly baking soda and aspirin and the juice is a carbohydrate source. I wonder if adding powdered charcoal to either mix would improve the effectiveness? EMTs use it to absorb ingested poisons after all.
Charcoal couldn't hurt. It settles the stomach and reduces heartburn...

I think I'll add that to my mix next time I get too plastered. I keep a jar each of willow and white oak in my med kit JIC I get into something funky.

its not bad in coffee.

1 tablespoon of salt.
Mix well, sip gently.

I went to Austria for a job in 1999. One of the guys that lived there I was working out took several of us to supper and after the meal, he ordered a shot of Jager for everyone. Several turned it down and I was going to till the guy explained that it was to settle the stomach. Said he couldn't stand it otherwise. SO I drank it. After a huge meal and much over eating, I had a calm stomach that night.
It does taste and smell like licorice, which I detest.

I wonder what's actually in it? there's not enough alcohol in it to get a fly drunk.

I wonder what's actually in it? there's not enough alcohol in it to get a fly drunk.
It's 70 proof. Not quite at potent as Jim Beam, but it's a lot stronger than Dr. McGillicuddy...😁

It's supposed to have a secret blend of herbs and spices. Whatever that secret is, they should burn the recipe...

Nah, its the main ingredient in too many of my bar mixes.
Back in my mis-spent youth I was a bartender for several bars, restaurants, and a nightclub in my area. I hated making Jager drinks, because you always knew that you were going to be cleaning up puke before the night was over. I could never understand why people wanted to drink it. I had my share too, and I never enjoyed it. Especially Jager Bombs. Why would you ruin good beer that way?

Latest posts

Back