Deer season is about over!

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gumpy

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
10 days left! 18° this morning and it's beautiful in the woods.
20180105_082218_HDR.jpg
20180105_082258_HDR.jpg
20180102_083907_HDR.jpg

Shot this good sized doe Monday. It filled a 20 gallon cooler full of deboned meat.

Deer season over, Target season starts soon..only thing is there is not a lot of meat on them targets. BTW that a Keystone camper?

It's a forest river. We're living in it while building our house.

8 days left. Didn't hunt today. Built a temporary shoot house this morning. I believe I am gonna make a tolerable Bubba!
Capture+_2018-01-01-02-23-14.png

Apply the same gun building theory to building a shooting house and this is what you'd get!
20180106_140111_HDR.jpg

I have built a many huntin camp structures with tarp and bungee, a lot of people do not realize how much warmer you can stay by just keepin the wind offya, It may not have any insulation value but it does keep the heat from being blown away and the dampness off.

I have built a many huntin camp structures with tarp and bungee, a lot of people do not realize how much warmer you can stay by just keepin the wind offya, It may not have any insulation value but it does keep the heat from being blown away and the dampness off.
I built it to get above the tall grasses. The floor is only 5 1/2' from the ground. I've got a ground blind but it's to small to use a crossbow.

I thought the were just sleepin, Someone once said that the ammo manufactures are makin the wrong type bullets for huntin deer, The bullets need to only travel at 60mph have two headlights and a horn and the deer would just jump in front.
Sounds like where I used to live in Alabama!

I'm up in this new stand in the rain. Pretty comfy!
This is the view.

20180108_131707_HDR.jpg
20180108_131653_HDR.jpg
20180108_131640_Burst01.jpg

The only thing that would make that purter to you would be a 10 pointer lookin back atcha.
The last week of archery season is antlerless only. 3 per day. Still a 10 point would give me something to look forward to next year!

Gumpy,

You make me jealous and homesick also. When I lived in Iowa we used to have a timber where we had exclusive rights to hunt, squirrel, turkey, and deer. Seeing your pictures brings back fond memories and the beautiful timber seems as if you can almost smell the trees and outside. A guy can go out there with his hunting buddy, sit next to a tree and enjoy the outdoors. Living in Az. has it's advantages but not the scenery that you have there. I could sit all day and never worry if I shot anything, just enjoy. With the lower temps, a guy could sit there, drink hot chocolate and soak in what God gave you. You are truly blessed my friend. BTW, not a bad looking doe you got there.
Your buddy,

Tommy

That's all you need. Anything more and you would get to hot. You're already dressed warm!

Gumpy,

You make me jealous and homesick also. When I lived in Iowa we used to have a timber where we had exclusive rights to hunt, squirrel, turkey, and deer. Seeing your pictures brings back fond memories and the beautiful timber seems as if you can almost smell the trees and outside. A guy can go out there with his hunting buddy, sit next to a tree and enjoy the outdoors. Living in Az. has it's advantages but not the scenery that you have there. I could sit all day and never worry if I shot anything, just enjoy. With the lower temps, a guy could sit there, drink hot chocolate and soak in what God gave you. You are truly blessed my friend. BTW, not a bad looking doe you got there.
Your buddy,

Tommy
My huntin and fishin philosophy matches yours. It's the being outside enjoying Gods bounty is what I go for. The catching and shooting is just a benefit!

I'll start hunting tomorrow Gumpy and go every day to the end of Sunday the 22nd. When our season ends. I hope I get at least one like you did. I've got nothing so far this year......
Good luck! I hope you limit out.

Lovely view,wish I was there.
I wish you were also. There's room enough for both of us!

Deer season 2018 starts next month here. so we are going to take a weekend and grind all the der meat into burger,to help make room for this season's deer. hubby is also going to butcher a couple pigs . 1 we are going to smoke and the other grind to make sausage.

Deer season 2018 starts next month here. so we are going to take a weekend and grind all the der meat into burger,to help make room for this season's deer. hubby is also going to butcher a couple pigs . 1 we are going to smoke and the other grind to make sausage.

timmie , this day and time this is the best way to get your meat is raise it yourself or hunt for it. At least you know where it comes from and also what it is.
Good hunting and good luck.

Latest posts

Back