Democrats don't care about the integrity of the census

Discussion in 'News of the Day' started by angie_nrs, Mar 13, 2019.

Help Support Homesteading Forum by donating using the link above.
Tags:
  1. Mar 13, 2019 #1

angie_nrs

angie_nrs

angie_nrs

Awesome Friend Neighbor Contributor

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/rep...s-dont-care-about-the-integrity-of-the-census
    Reps. Jordan and Meadows: Democrats don't care about the integrity of the census
    By Reps. Jim Jordan and Mark Meadows | Fox News
    Judge rules 2020 census citizenship question is unconstitutional.

Judge ruled the question violates law that requires census count everyone in U.S.

Do you know how many people in the United States are American citizens? No one does. And the Democrats don’t want you to find out.

For nearly 150 years, the United States asked people whether they were citizens when filling out various census forms. Thomas Jefferson first proposed the idea in 1800. A citizenship question was added to the official census in 1820. The question was consistently asked until 1960. In December of 2017, the Trump administration added the question back to the survey.

Democrats were furious when news broke that the citizenship question would be added to the 2020 census. They argued that “Adding [the] question to the 2020 census could scare away millions of immigrants from filling out their mandatory surveys.”

LIZ PEEK: WHY LATEST 2020 CENSUS DECISION MATTERS SO MUCH (AND IS OUTRAGEOUS ON SO MANY LEVELS)

Several liberal states immediately sued the Trump administration, mistakenly arguing that the administration had acted arbitrarily when it added the citizenship question back into the survey. The case now awaits its fate in the Supreme Court. But that isn’t stopping the Democratic-led House Oversight Committee from calling Commerce Secretary Wilbur Ross to testify about the administration’s decision on Thursday.

Such a hearing is designed to interfere with the ongoing Supreme Court case. The inappropriateness of this is not a partisan issue. Even President Bill Clinton’s assistant attorney general, Robert Raben, warned that holding a Congressional hearing in the midst of litigation creates the risk that the court will be swayed by undue political and Congressional influence.

All of this begs the question: Why wouldn’t we want to know how many American citizens live in America?

Asking a citizenship question is common when filling out government forms. For instance, states throughout the country ask people whether they are citizens when getting a driver’s license, applying for college, and registering to vote.

The truth is, Democrats don’t care about the integrity of the census. To them, political calculations are more important than the population count. Democrats believe that asking the citizenship question on the census will cause them to lose power in Washington. This is because the census is used to reapportion Congressional seats, and Democrats know that Congressional apportionment according to the population of citizens, rather than total population, will cause them to lose seats in Congress.

Democrats need the votes of non-citizens to survive as a party. That’s why Democrats across the country are already campaigning for non-citizens to vote in U.S. elections.

Last October, liberals in San Francisco began allowing undocumented immigrants to register to vote in school board races. Last January, Democratic star Stacy Abrams said she "wouldn't oppose" non-citizens voting in local elections. Last week, 20 Democrats on the House Oversight Committee failed to affirm the idea that allowing illegal immigrants the right to vote devalues the voting power of United States citizens.

The truth is, asking the citizenship question will help protect the sanctity of the Voting Rights Act, which was enacted to prevent the disenfranchisement of minority voters. The U.S. Department of Justice maintains that it needs accurate citizenship data in order to enforce voting protections, and that it cannot get accurate data without asking the citizenship question on the 2020 census.

Protecting the Voting Rights Act is one of the principle campaign promises of the Democratic Party. Shouldn’t that make this whole issue non-controversial? Sadly, that’s not the case. As we’ve learned many times since 2016, the left is more focused on stopping the president than helping the country.

We should support the Trump administration’s decision to add a citizenship question to the 2020 census. Lawsuits and Congressional hearings could do nothing but delay the non-partisan survey from taking place. This is disappointing because the Census Bureau has worked hard to make the 2020 census the easiest and most efficient census ever. In fact, for the first time in our history, people will be allowed to respond to the census online.

Let’s be honest. Asking the citizenship question makes sense. Democrats on the House Oversight Committee should wake up and realize that this is a nonpartisan issue. If they don’t, it will confirm that this week’s hearing is nothing more than another attack on President Trump.

CLICK HERE TO READ MORE BY REP. MARK MEADOWS

CLICK HERE TO READ MORE BY REP. JIM JORDAN

Republican Mark Meadows represents North Carolina’s 11th District in the U.S. House of Representatives. He serves as chairman of the House Freedom Caucus and on the House Oversight Committee, Foreign Affairs Committee, and Transportation and Infrastructure Committee.

Republican Jim Jordan represents Ohio's Fourth District in the U.S. House of Representatives. He serves as the ranking member on the House Committee on Oversight and Reform, is a member of the House Judiciary Committee, and is a co-founder of the House Freedom Caucus.

I think the article should have been "Dems don't care about truth, justice, the constitution, or voting rights of legal American citizens. They are the anti-Supermans of our time. Yeah, that just about sums it up.

2. Mar 13, 2019 #2

VenomJockey

VenomJockey

VenomJockey

Ancient AH Pilot, Retired CWO W4. Neighbor Contributor

I've said it before, and I'll say it again...the Democrats would never win an election without the votes of the illegal immigrants, criminals, the dead & buried, and those welfarites looking for a "free ride." What is needed is a National Identification Card available ONLY TO CITIZENS...you don't have the card you get NOTHING...no driver's license, no "free" education, no welfare, no voting in any election, etc. The card should be issued to all U. S. citizens at birth.

Bacpacker, dademoss, backlash and 3 others like this.
  3. Mar 14, 2019 #3

Woody

Woody

Woody

Isn’t that what the Social Security number started out to be, an identification of US citizenship? Or at least that you were a resident available to work and pay taxes. But, as with any Government operation it gets corrupted, bloated, easy to abuse. SS#’s are now a dime a dozen and as far as I read, available on many street corners for a few bucks.

I am not a fan of the national ID. We have other forms of identification which should have been sufficient, such as our SS# and driver’s license. You used to have to prove residency to get one.

I will relent and say the time for it has come. The tin foil hat in me says this was the plan all along to implement it. But as with SSS# and drivers license… It will become corrupt and worthless to identify an actual US Citizen after a few years. They will be available on street corners again to anyone with a few bucks.

4. Mar 14, 2019 #4

VenomJockey

VenomJockey

VenomJockey

Likely you"re right about that...you cann get driver's licenses, statte ID cards, etc., online now for around $80-$100 and it will pass a police check!

http://fakeyourdrank.com

Caribou, dademoss and angie_nrs like this.
  5. Mar 14, 2019 #5

angie_nrs

angie_nrs

angie_nrs

I've been thinking about how to correct the problem and I haven't been able to come up with a great solution. I have some issues with SS#'s as it currently stands. It seems as if it is extremely difficult to fix identity theft issues if you have been a victim of ID theft. You can freeze your credit but that causes issues if you need to use credit. In addition, many agencies/companies have my personal ID information that I did not authorize. Remember when Equifax had their data breech? The 3 credit agencies have everyones SS#'s and past payment information on credit lines. I did NOT authorize them to have my information and since they are not government agencies, they should not be able to help themselves to that data. I am extremely protective of my SS#, but I am concerned and worry about past employers, banks, brokerage houses, utility companies, tax preparers, government agencies, healthcare facilities, insurance companies, etc. and how they protect their (my) information. If my SS# did get out (which it likely already is) how would I ever know HOW is got out?

I think what's coming is likely worse than what we currently have, including retina scans and fingerprint technology to "prove" identification. I see lots of downsides to this. The recent data breeches of hospitals, Equifax, Wells Fargo, VA, Fakebook, etc. should concern folks about the safety of any private information actually staying private. If fingerprint/retina technology is implemented, then that information will be digital. Anytime a large data file (of any kind) is accumulated, it is a target for those who want to exploit it. I see that as the beginning of getting rid of cash and logging of all private transactions. For obvious reasons the thought of that does not make me feel safe, nor does it protect my privacy.

Since voting is a federal right, the feds should be the ones to verify current ID's and issue voting ID cards. Several forms of ID should be presented and a (difficult to copy "like currency") voter ID card could be issued. The states should not be part of that process since clearly many of them have a bias. Could you imagine New York or California implementing their own programs to distribute voter ID cards?:rolleyes: As with passports, the card should have a 10 year expiration date that could be renewed after that time to decrease the number of "dead" people voting. The process used to get a passport would be a good template to work from. It's not an ideal solution, but it's a start.

Patchouli, Bacpacker and VenomJockey like this.
  6. Mar 14, 2019 #6

backlash

backlash

backlash

My first SS card had "Not for identification" printed on it. SS cards for ID is a joke. You can buy them, and DL, easily. Venomjocky is right. We need a national ID available only to US citizens and required to receive any government benefits. My nephew once ran an apple ranch. He asked for ID from all his workers and most of them had a stack of SS cards and DL to chose from.
    The democrats favor illegals over American citizens because they know they control the illegals. They can hold the illegal status over their heads to get them to vote democrat. They all know, no democrat vote, no free stuff. All voting should require a person to show up at a polling place with valid ID unless that person is out of the country or medically unable to get there. After you vote your thumb needs to be ink stained just like in some 3rd world countries. The penalties for voting illegally should be swift, severe and result in losing voting rights for life.

7. Mar 14, 2019 #7

The Lazy L

The Lazy L

The Lazy L

Old Cowpoke Neighbor Contributor

I oppose a national ID because it will lead directly to a RF chip implanted in every slave (former citizen).

8. Mar 14, 2019 #8

SheepDog

SheepDog

SheepDog

Americans are free people. We should never submit to papers that are required to show our citizen status.
    Scenes of; "papers please" in Germany come to mind. Give non-citizens the papers - like the green card and register them. Leave Americans alone.

9. Mar 14, 2019 #9

angie_nrs

angie_nrs

angie_nrs

I understand your concern, but I think the government would have a hard time requiring that just on medical reasons alone. Yet, it IS a slippery slope.

Then aside from fingerprints, retinal scan or implanted chips.....how would Amerian citizens be identified to legally vote? Again, a slippery slope. However, I am more accepting of having to show my papers than to let illegals choose my legislators and president.

Terri9630, Patchouli and VenomJockey like this.
  10. Mar 14, 2019 #10

SheepDog

SheepDog

SheepDog

When I got my out-of-state concealed pistol permit I had to prove my citizenship. I could have used a passport or a birth certificate. I used my birth certificate.
    When I got my State CPL and renewed over the years I don't have to show anything but my drivers license - for address confirmation. As I understand the bill that will be passed into law here in Washington that will change all that as they want proof of classes taken, live fire competency and registration of my guns. I won't renew under those conditions. (even though I can produce the required documents. I will carry openly instead.

Patchouli, VenomJockey and Bacpacker like this.
  11. Mar 14, 2019 #11

backlash

backlash

backlash

Here is a copy of an email I received.

Yesterday, March 13th at 5:00PM, was the cutoff deadline for all bills to be voted out of the chamber in which they originated. Having failed to receive a floor vote, the following bills are likely dead for this year.

The Senate Bill 5062, and House Bill 1068. SB 5062 would have banned the possession of ammunition magazines with a capacity greater than 10 and HB 1068 would have banned those greater than 15.

Senate Bill 5174, would have increased the time, cost, and government red tape that law-abiding adults must go through in order to obtain a Concealed Pistol License by requiring a mandatory training course that meets arbitrary standards.

Senate Bill 5745, would have expanded Washington’s existing Extreme Risk Protection Orders (ERPO) to allow Second Amendment rights to be suspended for individuals alleged to make certain threats by third party accusers with little, if any, real evidence and limited “due process” for the respondent.

House Bill 1010, would have allowed the Washington State Patrol to destroy forfeited firearms rather than raise funds by selling them to licensed firearm dealers.

However, several anti-gun bills did receive a floor vote and passed their chamber of origin, and are still alive for the session.

House Bill 1225, would require law-enforcement to seize firearms and ammunition when they are called to the scene of an alleged domestic violence incident and hold them for at least five business days. This would result in property being confiscated without first going through due process and subjecting citizens to bureaucratic red tape to get their property returned.

House Bill 1465, would require CPL holders to undergo a state background check on handgun purchases instead of the instant NICS check that is currently being conducted as a courtesy by the FBI. Unfortunately, beginning July 1st, the FBI will no longer be conducting these courtesy NICS checks for CPL holders.

House Bill 1786, would expand firearm seizures to a wider range of protective orders with little to no due process, and in some cases, would remove a judge’s discretion as to whether to impose firearm restrictions upon respondents of protective orders.

Senate Bill 5027, would expand Washington’s existing Extreme Risk Protection Orders (ERPO). It would affirm that the ERPO can be issued against minors while also infringing upon the self-defense rights of law-abiding parents or others in the household without due process.

Senate Bill 5181, would suspend Second Amendment rights without due process for six months from individuals who are admitted for a 72-hour mental health evaluation, but who are not subsequently involuntarily committed.

Senate Bill 5434, would increase the areas where law-abiding citizens are prohibited from possessing firearms, including holders of a Concealed Pistol License (CPL) carrying a handgun for self-defense.

In addition, pro-gun legislation, House Bill 1934, also passed its chamber of origin and will be advancing. HB 1934 would allow military members who are stationed or assigned out-of-state to renew their CPL by mail.

Thank you to all the NRA members and Second Amendment supporters that attended committee hearings and contacted legislators. Your involvement greatly helped stop numerous anti-Second Amendment bills from moving forward, but please stay engaged and take action as these passed bills come to the floor.

Yours in freedom,

Christian Ragosta
    NRA-ILA
    Grassroots Programs and Campaign Field Operations
    Assistant Manager

angie_nrs, VenomJockey and Bacpacker like this.
  12. Mar 14, 2019 #12

VenomJockey

VenomJockey

VenomJockey

I favor a National Identity Card, but oppose any attempt to load us up with a chip. The Identity Card could be handled very easily without a chip, but you may be right, it could lead to a move to add the chip.

Patchouli likes this.
  13. Mar 14, 2019 #13

VenomJockey

VenomJockey

VenomJockey

Well, hadn't thought of that...kind of "reverse" of the National ID Card, but it might work.

Patchouli likes this.