Dental Care

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Weedygarden

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
I keep posting medical topics in this area, because I have no idea where else to put them.

Ever have a filling fall out? Have you used this product or do you know about it? A friend lost a filling and is struggling to be able to get to the dentist. This was recommended to her and I thought it would be a great thing to have in a first aid kit.

It is a temporary filling. Some people probably misuse it.

https://www.dentek.com/oral-pain-re...XXCmKLKEGPZcuVtNMpT7RMEIa3N0FEnryI4mgOa1Q4KnI

Temporarily hold lost fillings and inlays in place until you have a chance to visit the dentist with DenTek® Temparin Max.
  • Contains the same maximum-strength ingredients dentists use.
  • Temporarily repairs lost fillings, caps, crowns, or inlays
  • Should only be removed by a dental professional, who should be seen within 48 hours of use

When I went sailing my dentist recommended a similar product. I had one part and two part brands. This has been part of my preps ever since.

He explained that this was developed during the Viet Nam war for soldiers as a temporary fix but it worked so well that they wouldn't have to see a dentist till after they returned home.

When I went sailing my dentist recommended a similar product. I had one part and two part brands. This has been part of my preps ever since.

He explained that this was developed during the Viet Nam war for soldiers as a temporary fix but it worked so well that they wouldn't have to see a dentist till after they returned home.
I would think that dentists might not recommend it because you would seal up a tooth with a cavity in it. On the other hand, if you have no option to see a dentist, that might be better than nothing.

I would think that dentists might not recommend it because you would seal up a tooth with a cavity in it. On the other hand, if you have no option to see a dentist, that might be better than nothing.
I asked a direct question and informed him that I was sailing my boat to places where I might not have any medical resources. He seemed to get into the scenario and gave me a direct and involved answer. I was gone for two years and never used any of the dental preps and few of the medical preps. My current dental repair supplies are over five years old so it is time to get some new tubes.

Latest posts

Back