Despite Massive Protests, Virginia Gun-Control Bills Go Full Steam Ahead

Help Support Homesteading Forum:

Sentry18

Thrivalist
Staff member
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
https://rightwingtribune.com/2020/01/14/virginia-democratic-gun-control-bills/

Despite Massive Protests, Virginia Democratic Gun-Control Bills Go Full Steam Ahead- Pass First Hurdle
Posted By: Chris Badger Thomas January 14, 2020

Four bills Virginia’s Democratic governor says could reduce gun violence passed their first hurdle amid protests from gun owners who say their Second Amendment rights are being violated, Virginia Pilot Online reported.

The gun control measures that have for years been quashed by Republicans — implementing universal background checks, limiting sales to one handgun a month, allowing localities to ban guns in certain places and creating an extreme risk protection order — were passed out of a packed Senate Judiciary Committee meeting Monday.

Trending: Virginia Officials Will Not Recognize "2nd Amendment Sanctuary Cities" And Will Take Action Despite Sheriffs And Militias Vowing To Fight Back

After folks cleared the long security line, they were then told that Democrats were requiring an equal number of supporters and opponents of the gun bills to be seated in the committee room, despite the fact that those opposed to the bills far outnumbered gun control supporters.

Every gun control bill passed the Senate Judiciary Committee on Monday, except the most controversial one. Democratic Sen. Dick Saslaw’s proposed Senate Bill 16 prohibiting “any person from importing, selling, transferring, manufacturing, purchasing, possessing, or transporting an assault firearm” was struck from the docket early in the morning.

Democrats in the state’s House of Delegates will instead focus on House Bill 961, a slightly weaker bill with similar language, that would allow Virginians to keep their assault rifles if they register ownership with the Virginia State Police.

Senate Bill 240, a controversial red flag law allowing courts to remove guns from Virginia citizens if they are deemed to be a “substantial risk,” passed through the committee with a vote of 9 to 5. Members voted along party lines to combine Senate Bills 22 and 69, which would mandate that Virginians can only buy “one gun a month.”

The Senate Judiciary committee, under the leadership of Sen. John Edwards, adopted new rules that mandated equal representation of activists in the committee room as swarms of pro-gun supporters were turned away to make room for gun control proponents sporting “Mom’s Demand Action” T-shirts. Mom’s Demand Action is a “grassroots movement of Americans demanding reasonable solutions to address our nation’s culture of gun violence.”

This is the second lie in as many days for Virginia’s Democrat lawmakers. On Friday, House Speaker Eileen Filler-Corn and other Democrats claimed that newly enacted ban on firearms in the capitol was done at the request of the Capitol Police. Not so, according to Col. Anthony Pike, who told the press that Democrats came to his office asking how best to implement a ban.

Meanwhile SB 16, Sen. Dick Saslaw’s sweeping gun, magazine, and suppressor ban, was struck from the record, which means there will be no further action on the bill. Instead, Democrats will focus their efforts on HB 961, a slightly modified version of Saslaw’s legislation that “allows” gun owners to maintain possession of their banned firearms if they register them with the Virginia State Police. The ban on magazines that can accept more than 10 rounds, as well as lawfully purchased suppressors, remains in the House version of the so-called “assault firearms” bill.

The Senate Judiciary Committee also approved SB 69, which imposes a gun rationing scheme on the state, forbidding most gun owners from purchasing more than one handgun per month.

Red flag legislation and a bill that would allow for local governments to pass temporary gun bans for permitted events were also approved on party line 9-5 votes.

It has officially begun- it must be stopped immediately.

Additional source- Bearing Arms

Sentry18

Thrivalist
Staff member
Neighbor
HCL Supporter

Meerkat

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
Did you catch the drones part of the news clip? I hope and pray nobody gets hurt. Looks like they have it all planned out ,first free speech, then private propety and last but not least guns.
Turn us over ,we are done!

Sourdough

"Eleutheromaniac"
Neighbor
This looks like a do'over of the "Twin Peaks" in WACO, TEXAS. It is a classic set'up and a perfect Trap. The only way the Gun Group could get a win.......is to totally cancel the rally. There was never any hope that the Firearms Restriction laws would be aborted.

Curmudgeon

Malinois' are awesome.
Neighbor
The spark is near, I fear. I have been closely watching this as I have contacts in Virginia. It's a powder keg at the moment.

That's why we started the 2A Sanctuary county movement here, hoping to get out ahead of things. At the very least it will send a message to those in our capital that we are serious and mean business.

Morgan101

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
I don't know the demographics of Virginia. Are the rural people being railroaded by big city Democrats?

Why don't they put this on the ballot in the general election, and let the people vote on it, and decide? It might not solve anything, but it would give one side or the other a true mandate on what the people want.

Not likely that will happen. Government being responsive to the will of the people? :huh: What was I thinking?

Curmudgeon

Malinois' are awesome.
Neighbor
West Virginia has offered the 2A Sanctuary counties in Virginia the ability to succeed and become part of W Virginia.

Now wouldn't that be something to see.

Sourdough

"Eleutheromaniac"
Neighbor
MACHINE GUNS............???????

FBI nabs three alleged neo-Nazis with machine gun ahead of Virginia gun rally

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-guns-rally/fbi-nabs-three-alleged-neo-nazis-with-machine-gun-ahead-of-virginia-gun-rally-idUSKBN1ZF2B3

According to a federal official, the men were arrested near Baltimore and were believed to be heading toward Richmond, Virginia, where a pro-gun rally is planned for next week. Lemley has been charged with transporting a machine gun and other firearms charges, and he and Bilbrough are charged with transporting and harboring "an alien unlawfully present in the United States." Mathews also faces firearms charges.

Last edited:

Eliza

Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
I don't know the demographics of Virginia. Are the rural people being railroaded by big city Democrats?

Why don't they put this on the ballot in the general election, and let the people vote on it, and decide? It might not solve anything, but it would give one side or the other a true mandate on what the people want.

Not likely that will happen. Government being responsive to the will of the people? :huh: What was I thinking?
The governor has decreed that the Capitol
Not surprising. What a chicken sh**.
The governor and this legislature were elected by heavily populated counties around the D. C. area -not the more rural areas where their delegates are Republican.
His excuse for the executive order is that they have received "credible threats" that there are those coming from out of state and mentioned white nationalists (Nazis) while failing to mention that Atifa has also posted that they will be coming. However, one Richmond, Va native has said that Antifa are NOT in favor of the gun control laws being pushed through the legislature.
Also, laws are being proposed that (a) Va electoral college votes be awarded to the winner of the national popular vote; (2) governor to be elected by majority of votes in congressional districts, not by statewide majority; (3) allows felons and those declared mentally incompetent to vote; (4) eliminate photo id requirements for voting; (5) increase the term limit of the governor from 4 to 8 years. He's making sure that Bloomberg"s millions poured into the recent election are paying off. Please pray for all the patriot's in Virginia who are standing up for the Constitution and our rights. - and that the Lobby Day and those attending the pro gun rally will be safe.

Woody

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
Yes. It was the same when I lived in New York State years ago. Whatever the NY City folks wanted, they got. They could simply out vote the rest of the state. "Upstate" NY folks always wanted to secede from NYC and become our own state. They would never have let us, they needed our tax money to fund them.

Morgan101

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
Yes. It was the same when I lived in New York State years ago. Whatever the NY City folks wanted, they got. They could simply out vote the rest of the state. "Upstate" NY folks always wanted to secede from NYC and become our own state. They would never have let us, they needed our tax money to fund them.
I would bet it is like that in most states. You can bet that Illinois is ruled by Chicago. Maryland is ruled by Baltimore. Nevada is ruled by Las Vegas. I saw a frightening statistic, and it follows the Pareto Principle (80-20 rule). There are 3000 counties in the United States; 50% of the population lives in 146 of them. I would like to vet that to see if it is true.

SheepDog

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
The governor has been called to answer for his declaration of an emergency. The house and senat want to know what threats were and who made them because the governor doesn't have legal authority to do what he did...
The plot thickens.

Curmudgeon

Malinois' are awesome.
Neighbor
Spoke with a Virginian yesterday and they are building walls around the capital. Apparently not just barricades, but high walls. I have yet too see anything about that.

Sentry18

Thrivalist
Staff member
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
Spoke with a Virginian yesterday and they are building walls around the capital. Apparently not just barricades, but high walls. I have yet too see anything about that.
Wait!? I thought liberals didn't believe in walls?

Morgan101

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
Wait!? I thought liberals didn't believe in walls?
They probably went out and got guns to. What about that? You think they would have the hypocrisy to defend themselves with the thing they are trying to ban?

Curmudgeon

Malinois' are awesome.
Neighbor
You think they would have the hypocrisy to defend themselves with the thing they are trying to ban?
Of course, there motto.....Good for me, but not for thee.

SheepDog

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
If they build the wall big enough and strong enough to keep the good folks out - it will keep those parasites in!

Curmudgeon

Malinois' are awesome.
Neighbor
Apparently the 'wall' thing was a bit exaggerated, it looks like 6 foot chain link fence surrounding the capital.

Monday will be interesting.

Woody

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
The fence is actually a great idea. It funnels the places the politicians sneak in and out, makes it easier for the protestors to concentrate their numbers where they can confront the slimy critters.

I wonder if President Trump called down there and told them ""Whatever you do, don't fence that area off!"

Curmudgeon

Malinois' are awesome.
Neighbor
Do they forget so soon? The last time someone built walls around Richmond Grant blew it full of holes with cannon.
Well, Monday is right around the corner. We shall see.

Woody

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
Found this, but cannot verify its authenticity. Too late for me to go searching to validate so posting "as is" validity unknown.

Bacpacker

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
I saw this somewhere last night. Haven't yet verified it. But it sure makes sense to me that this is the play the libs will use. Patriot act was set up for exactly this type thing.

Maybe somewhat unrelated, but I feel like this ties in to some regard, so I'm going to post it here. Just read it from ZeroHedge. It's the first I've heard of the GPS exercise, and the first I've heard of anything in Oklahoma, and the first I've heard of the Night Vision tubes being taken. It does sound to me like something big is about to take place. Hoping I'm totally out in left field somewhere.

https://www.zerohedge.com/political/whats-going-military-jams-gps-across-east-coast-fbi-seizes-night-vision-devices

CrackbottomLouis

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
To all going to support our fellow citizens in VA.....be careful and have an exit strategy or 3. Look for the Appleseed folks wearing red if you need anything. I'll be the bearded guy next to a shrek.

Curmudgeon

Malinois' are awesome.
Neighbor
Found this, but cannot verify its authenticity. Too late for me to go searching to validate so posting "as is" validity unknown.

This is valid. I watched her, myself, deliver this message.

Latest posts