diet starting today

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't see a number?
Just to be sure I wasn't seeing a number, I put my glasses on.
I was right I wasn't seeing a number.
So what is the lucky number?
200 pounds is my ultimate goal. The BMI says I should be 194.5 pounds, but I could be a prisoner actor for the WWII Dachau prison camp at that weight.

200 pounds is my ultimate goal. The BMI says I should be 194.5 pounds, but I could be a prisoner actor for the WWII Dachau prison camp at that weight.
I have had several people tell me that already too.
My sons are worried if I get to size 6 that I will be to frail.
I am solidly in size 12 right now.
Except my shoes are size 4.5(kids size).

Yeah I am really good around 200 to 210, last summer I was 238, after the winter I am 248.5.

I need to work toward 185 then maybe I will get 210 HEHEHEHEH.

Got too many good cooks in the family Grandson cooks the best turkey, His wife cooks the best pies and sweets I EAT THEM even though I almost never eat anything sweet.

SIL is the grill master he and Grandson grill, My Daughter does the potatoes, beans, broccoli casserole, She makes Smokehouse hot crackers, if she sends any home with me they never see the light of the next day!!!. even if it a whole box.

I will stuff three at a time in my face.

My "jones" is blackened catfish, Catfish Cabin II in Athens Alabama right off of 31 and the one in Jackson, Tn. are good But MY gold medal goes to Harvey's South Gloster st. in Tupelo, MS. It is AMAZING!!

If I made the trip twice a week for to Harveys, I could eat a chicken strip box in the evening for the rest of the week and be good.

I took a nice walk alone today, came home and guess what....I hit my goal!
Now, maybe i might try for 200?
Screenshot_20240421_125039_Fit Profile.jpg

week 16 day 7

well I gained a pound back so back to 11 yuck. But not surprised, been a busy week, ate some junk here and there, had some alcohol too and at the market had some Colombian epanadas and arepas. They were good but probably a million calories. Then I made lunch at home Korean rice bowl with ground lamb and I had a lot. Got some microgreens to throw on top of it for the first time ( food fad at the market) , mini broccoli . They actually worked on that dish

Will try to do better this coming up week. I can't seem to get under that 10 lbs

@sonya123 may be of interest to you...telegraph article via msn...intermittent fasting really works for me..read my posts over weekend see instant loss...i see what i can do this week.

Why fasting is more effective than dieting – by the expert who does it​

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/we...&cvid=14db94b4d96242a1843f4929c57ab43c&ei=155
yes it works for me too, I know for a fact since I gained a pound back by eating at the wrong times ( well and eating some junk)

I am under 200 pounds, not by much but under it.
9 pounds.456 ounces under 200 pounds.
Still get tired easily, still working building back up my stamina, muscle tone.
Day at a time.
When I reach 185 pounds I want to eat lobster tails, shrimp, king crab, not all at once cause it will make me ill.
When I reach 175 pounds I want to drink a good tasting dark beer or lager and smoke a good cigar with friends.
When I reach 165 pounds, I want to eat dark rich truffle( haven't had one in 25 years).
When I was stationed Germany the last one I ate.
When I reach 155 pounds I want to eat Prime Rib( never had it either).
When I reach 145 pounds, I want to open and share that bottle of very nice gifted bottle of champagne and enjoy a steak.
It's nice to have goals, will I make those goals, that's up to the Good Lord.
But I am trying to reach my goals one step at a time.

we will both get there eventually!!
you must be a lot shorter than me to want to get to 145. I would look very annorexic at that weight. I am trying to get to 165 which is within my healthy weight range. I am tall and have large bones and a lot of muscle for a woman.
But I have to laugh at your food choices LOL I don't want to eat any of those things at any time. Totally not what I want to eat as a food reward. I would want to eat cake, ice cream and pizza LOL and a large all you can eat Indian or Chinese buffet

we will both get there eventually!!
you must be a lot shorter than me to want to get to 145. I would look very annorexic at that weight. I am trying to get to 165 which is within my healthy weight range. I am tall and have large bones and a lot of muscle for a woman.
But I have to laugh at your food choices LOL I don't want to eat any of those things at any time. Totally not what I want to eat as a food reward. I would want to eat cake, ice cream and pizza LOL and a large all you can eat Indian or Chinese buffet
I am 5 foot 5 inches tall.
I seldom eat sweets.
I make them for other people, but actually eat very few sweets.
Sugar makes me sick, and no I am not a diabetic.
I chuckle every time, I make another homemade candy for class.
Because it goes in the freezer.
I seldom eat buffet to me it's a waste of money.
Don't eat much.

I eat a lot of times at night, that makes it hard to lose weight.

Sugar filed treats give me indigestion so I don't eat much sweet stuff dark Chocolate is not too bad but anything glazed ugh.

I could live on Veggies turkey and chicken. I Like Venison, lean beef and lean cuts of pork AND Of course Catfish!!!!!

I don't like Supermarket Chicken that you get with a heavy fat layer under the skin.

week 17 day 2
Tuesday should be day 2, I think I missed a day last week....

today taking husband out for lunch for his birthday which is not till Saturday but crowded restaurants give me anxiety so we are going today before shopping
He likes Mexican so that is where we are going
It's son's birthday also but he also hates crowded restaurants ( no anxiety he just doesn't like sitting there) so we will take him some home
No idea what I am going to eat there , I am sure whatever it is will have enough calories for the entire day

So today was the absolute NOT diet day, I actually liked the restaurant we went to it was Salvadorian plus some Mexican stuff. I had something called Gordita with roasted pork and pineapple, plus a Salvadorian tamale. Plus chips and salsa .....I was very stuffed, but it it didn't sit in my stomach like the typical cheese and refried bean heavy Mexican food , didn't have any flour tortillas either. Prices for nowadays was fairly reasonable, about $40 for 3 meals plus 2 appetizers
had ice cream as dessert at home after , and we are going to have Margharitas tonights. Cheaper to make them at home and they didn't have alcohol anyway

I wonder how much weight this is going to add .....don't care, we did have a nice day, plus went swimming but I only did 20 laps

getting my system 'jump started' again to where it needs to be...straightening up the last 6 weeks of doing 'nothing' to better myself..just minor walking daily and that was it walking..i gotta have harder walks/hikes...plus eat a certain way.

depending on how i feel next bit i may do a multi day fast just really fire up my system to run even better. longest i ever did was 5 days and then it took me 3 days to get my system back to working again with just a few tablespoons of food each meal till my guts started working again..my body blew off 20# that time.

also at some point i like to try just eating one meal a day just to see what my body does...that would be extra intermittent i think.

well i weighed today at noon like last week..i pushed hard and tried harder for a week...lost 12#...system back in order i think...mainly eat keto/paleo something like and skip a few meals ..skip no more than one a day though...so body does intermittent fasting thing...back on the path i think !

I went to the doctor today & their pro scale says I weight 247.50 pounds. One year ago I weight on the same pro scale & weighted a
whooping 281.00 pounds. :)
I love going in, sliding the bar weights to exactly the right place, and stepping on. I think most home scales read low to make the fat owners feel happy, and the office loves telling them "the truth".
Like @havasu, I like accurate to 1/10 of a pound. :thumbs:

week 17 day 4
losing track of my diet again
too busy yesterday to cook much so we ate mostly junk at the market ( I had some cookies )
did make some chicken and rice late yesterday

today not sure yet, my whole week is not going well for the diet again , there isn't enough time to get things done

edit : food today Kimchi stew and rice!

Last edited:
week 17 day 6, I know, I missed a few days....Saturday is day 6

Well, back to 10 lbs , maybe next week I will finally make it under the 10 lb line

Not today, making lasagna and black forest cake , haven't made soup in a week

Latest posts

Back