DIY Leaf and Grass Bagger

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Meerkat

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
Hubby is tired of repairing this 15 yr old lawn tractor so have to buy a new one, but I wanted to catch grass and leaves for compost.
But baggers are very expensive and don't hold much so I went to tried and true YouTube for making one.Came up with this one below,Better than $500 bucks for what reviews say is a piece of crap and cost many trips to keep emptying.

Or this,for
$349.99

1592164265547.png

Last edited:
Mr.Meer got his way and he had been out there riding his new lawn tracter with the works and $400 poorer,but happy with big smile on his face. We said no more credit no matter what, well guess no matter ,mattered!:dunno:🍾

Nice. I think my little push mower is supposed to be a self-mulching. You know, it chops everything up. It doesn't. I wish I did have one with the capability to do a bag. Would save me bagging 20 bags of leaves every year.

Mr.Meer got his way and he had been out there riding his new lawn tracter with the works and $400 poorer,but happy with big smile on his face. We said no more credit no matter what, well guess no matter ,mattered!:dunno:🍾
Sometimes, dealing with stuff that isn't working is such a pain, that getting a new replacement is the way to go. Mr. Meer, enjoy your new mower!

Sometimes, dealing with stuff that isn't working is such a pain, that getting a new replacement is the way to go. Mr. Meer, enjoy your new mower!

Actually Weedy he was already getting the new lawn mower.
The mulcher leaf thing was for me since I'm the one who does the leaf ranking and composting.He just didn't want to drag that contraction:ghostly: around on his new lawn mower,gaah. I've always been the leaf supplier, but he does lots of things I don't do or can't do so we make a good team.

1592443655865.png

1592443714855.png

That is a lot of leaves, Meerkat! I have a cousin who is a clean and neat freak who had a maple tree cut down in her back yard so she wouldn't have to deal with the leaves any more. I thought that was kind of crazy. I'll bet she doesn't garden either.

That is a lot of leaves, Meerkat! I have a cousin who is a clean and neat freak who had a maple tree cut down in her back yard so she wouldn't have to deal with the leaves any more. I thought that was kind of crazy. I'll bet she doesn't garden either.

Weedy it is a lot but they break down to hardly 1/5 of volume.
We've never bought compost and have basically kept organic with just compost.
But then too we don't have fields of plants either,mostly just raised beds, containers and hydponincs which is not organic. Now we have a hugulkulture mound,that should do better this year if we get soem rain and we are both able to plant it.

Nice. I think my little push mower is supposed to be a self-mulching. You know, it chops everything up. It doesn't. I wish I did have one with the capability to do a bag. Would save me bagging 20 bags of leaves every year.

Patch our push mower has a bag that fills up fast plus we can't walk all day behind a push mower anymore with it. We also try to keep frontage neat too but the way things are going now who cares! Our dirt road is well kept by all but that could change.

Latest posts

Back