DIY Seed Warmer For Starting Seedlings.

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just saved that page to a pdf file for my documents.
Thanks!!

I've been considering using an old heating pad

I just saved that page to a pdf file for my documents.
Thanks!!

I've been considering using an old heating pad

Great idea WVdragonL. Lots cheaper than plant propagation heating pads.

• 91bqXeHkhUL._SY355_.jpg
Roll over image to zoom in

XL Heating Pad - Electric Heating Pad for Moist and Dry Heat Therapy - Fast Neck/Shoulder/Back Pain Relief at Home - [12"x24"] GENIANI (Tabby Gray)
by GENIANI
732 ratings

| 32 a

I have that exact same mat and another smaller one that's the same brand. It worked great to germinate seeds. My wife actually got flowers to germinate in 3 days with it. I also made a grow light out of LED bulbs and hung it above the seed trays. The 8 LED lights and fixtures cost me $52 but they should last for years.
Part of my garden problem last year was almost all of the seeds I started grew and of course, I couldn't bring myself to just trash the extras so I transplanted them to the garden. I guess that's a good problem to have but I got carried away.
Make sure its safe BackL cats have sharp claws. I'm sure your a figure out a way to make it work though and your welcome.
I have a thin metal tray that would work. I can just put the lights under the tray and they will warm up the entire area then a layer of straw and the cats are basking in the warmth. That's basking not baking, I'm not running a Chinese restaurant. :p

I have that exact same mat and another smaller one that's the same brand. It worked great to germinate seeds. My wife actually got flowers to germinate in 3 days with it. I also made a grow light out of LED bulbs and hung it above the seed trays. The 8 LED lights and fixtures cost me $52 but they should last for years.
Part of my garden problem last year was almost all of the seeds I started grew and of course, I couldn't bring myself to just trash the extras so I transplanted them to the garden. I guess that's a good problem to have but I got carried away.

I have a thin metal tray that would work. I can just put the lights under the tray and they will warm up the entire area then a layer of straw and the cats are basking in the warmth. That's basking not baking, I'm not running a Chinese restaurant. :p

BackL we had one half that size and paid almost or as much several years ago for what they want now,so thanks goodnesshe price has come down.
Not as low as Christiams rope lights but still lot cheaper.

Well after checking on prices today the plant heating pads have come down alot!:huh:. So that good news.I know a few years ago he privce was too high if you had lots of seeds to propagate.

• 71IeHdNO6KL._SX355_.jpg
Roll over image to zoom in
  • 419KaawiTKL._SS40_.jpg
  • 41J6qeVUiVL._SS40_.jpg
  • 51gWw67LiJL._SS40_.jpg
  • 51HKJ-NVofL._SS40_.jpg
  • 41xqXsZA6aL._SS40_.jpg
  • 61VbMnCM-HL._SS40_.jpg
  • 41eElERzz8L._SS40_.jpg

Ohuhu
415 ratings

| 72 answered questions

Price: $28.99 & FREE Shipping. Details & FREE Returns

Size: 48" x 20.75"

• ✅ STABLE HEATING SYSTE

We are going to try a couple of those this year.

......Part of my garden problem last year was almost all of the seeds I started grew and of course, I couldn't bring myself to just trash the extras so I transplanted them to the garden. I guess that's a good problem to have but I got carried away......

We do that every year. We always plant extra just incase a few dont make it. We try to put as much as we can in the garden but sometimes we have to give them away to family and friends.

Latest posts

Back