Do "OLD" people ever have teeth grow in, where others were removed.

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sourdough

"Eleutheromaniac"
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
In a cabin, on a mountain, in "Wilderness" Alaska.
It is all in the thread title.

apparently the reason we stop of don't grow new is from a signal in the cells, perhaps the signal changes in some people, or maybe triggered from unorthodox Cub "parking"

No adult teeth develop at birth.

See here

I am thankful that once they are gone they are gone. I am going on 10 months of being pain free. My teeth would have killed me if I hadn't had them pulled.

Ben
You and me both, but I am 20+ years.

Do "OLD" people ever have teeth grow in, where others were removed?
No, but it is possible to grow additional teeth far into adulthood.
I grew a "Supernumerary Tooth" between my canine and incisor when I was in my 50's.

Definition:
A supernumerary tooth is one that is additional to the normal series and can be found in almost any region of the dental arch.

I thought my gum had receded so far that my jawbone was showing between my teetho_O and that's when I learned of the term.
The dentist pulled it out and showed it to me.
I shoulda kept it.:(

It has happened and is rare, but documented.

The only one that pops into my mind was a UFO witness who was taken aboard one and they "repaired him."
Yeah, I know, but he had NO teeth before. it is documented. Maybe I'll think to ask if they'll fix my back next trip out.

Google, "hyperdontia"

1641566793882.png

Do "OLD" people ever have teeth grow in, where others were removed?
No, but it is possible to grow additional teeth far into adulthood.
I grew a "Supernumerary Tooth" between my canine and incisor when I was in my 50's.

Definition:
A supernumerary tooth is one that is additional to the normal series and can be found in almost any region of the dental arch.

I thought my gum had receded so far that my jawbone was showing between my teetho_O and that's when I learned of the term.
The dentist pulled it out and showed it to me.
I shoulda kept it.:(
You never ceases to amaze me!!😁

You never ceases to amaze me!!😁
I still don't know if it was the result of all the gas I siphoned as a teen, or the 'magic mushrooms' I ate later, but something caused magic to happen. o_O

And I didn't know that braces would help. Just for @Morgan101 :
H2ZQSl_YE3oGN_GT-ZXhvBXnAJV_wQO446Spwh92Wbo.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back