Do you have a freeze dryer?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did you purchase one?

I did not purchase one. I thunk and thunk and thunk on it and just couldn't rationalize the expense. Like you, we can afford it. But would we use it enough to make it worthwhile? I couldn't come to an honest "yes" to that question. I love the idea. Just didn't seem right to us.

Kinda reminds me of my brother and me. He bought a nice Toyota Tacoma earlier in the year. It's a dandy truck. And while I do have an F350 quad cab dually, I sure miss my Ranger pickup. He also bought himself a Harley, which he'd wanted for many years and finally got it. I've thought about that, too, but it was just never any kind of priority. Could I afford a motorcycle? Yes. I'm more inclined to wanna look at a Gold Wing type bike, though. ;)

We bought a Gator instead. It was the right choice for us. Use that thing nearly every day while the truck hasn't moved in a month and the cars don't go far either, maybe once or twice a week. My brother, he needed that truck and he drives it just about every day. What was good for him, probably not so much for me. Oh, I'm sure he'd enjoy a Gator on occasion, too, but for the most part, it would probably sit parked in the garage, maybe out once or twice a month if that much.

So... while I enjoy seeing how other people enjoy their tools n toys, I don't necessarily want those same things for my own. Certainly wouldn't criticize anyone who likes different tools or toys, not at all. Just getting old enough that when I think on somethin' and don't think I'd really use it, I'll usually pass on owning it. Kinda ended up there with the freeze dryer.

That said, I enjoyed the discussion! :)

I'm so close to buying a freeze dryer my wife really wants it and we can afford it at the moment. Did you purchase one?

Absolutely and yes. The best information I had discovered is, of course, on YouTube. The freeze dryer technology seems to have improved and energy efficiency and freeze drying volume has also it would seem since I began researching it myself. This fellow has a YouTube channel "Retired at 40" and does a comparison on freeze dryers basically Harvestright freeze dryers. It's a good informative watch and of course the comments glean even more information and pose good questions.

Latest posts

Back