Do you have a Preparedness Wish List? Or goals?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Weedygarden

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
Mine is not written down, but I am thinking it should be. I do have a notebook where I keep track of food storage.

I'm using this to help: Levels of Preparedness (take 2?)

What's on my list?

A fireplace insert
More firewood
Solar generator
More guns and ammo
A portable radio and batteries to power it
Chickens
Secondary, well developed second residence that is rural and more able to be self sufficient.

I am a person who likes to make things easier for myself in the long run. With that I have worked a lot to make sure that I was able to lower my cost of living so that when hard times does happen, I will not have to worry about large bills. So, in the past few years I have been working hard to set up my home inside and out to cost as little as possible. I am not planning for long term as in I am worried that something horrible is going to happen, but more of what I can do to live as much as I can in a healthy way off the land. So, I have been getting animal pens set up, gotten some animals and I have greenhouses set up that I raise a nice crop in. I have been learning to do everything I can to make life easier if hard times do happen. But God blesses me each and every day. Everything always seems to work out and I am grateful for every little blessing I have.

I don't really have a wish list, but I learn each and every day how to do a little better. I love learning new skills that will help me in the future.

I wish I was much younger; I fear if the Super SHTF does not happen soon I'll miss all the fun.

I wish I had fairly good "Seeing Eye" as born and made by GOD, unmodified by doctors, female lady human or Standard "Water" Poodle.

A like new PA-18-150.

A custom 30 foot "Landing-Ship-Transport" commercial boat.

A pair of Glock model 18's

A bigger cabin so the dog can be comfortable.

68 cords of split dry wood in a Weasel-Ermine proof building.

I wish and hope there will not be a war with Russia or China. My daughter sil and grandkid are in the Navy stationed at target #2 and son goes to college right next to a target. None of any other prepardness will mean anything if we lose our kids....

I would like a deeper pantry. Meaning, I'm always wanting to wanting to increase my stores. I'd love to put a diesel in my old Jeep, and perhaps a manual tranny, so these youngsters couldn't steal it.

The big one is a shop with a builtin bomb shelter. I'm about 50 miles downwind from a handful of targets.

I would like a deeper pantry. Meaning, I'm always wanting to wanting to increase my stores.

That is where I am. I feel pretty comfortable with gear, medical, security, water, creature comforts. I want to have additional food stores., and long term food.

Just improvements around here...the bigger greenhouse needs a hard plastic roof. I'm tired of repairing roll plastic. More animal pens/runs. I seem to have no problem filling them. I need some clothes line t posts put up and some strong line. First I need to find some tposts or have them made. The last owner dug them out and took them. I dry clothes on racks right now.

Does a homestead in the mid-west count! I am on the east coast and would love to move to an area that is less populated and more sustainable. I have no ties other than work, so it's just a matter of time...

I moved away for work when I was younger. Felt like a good idea at the time but now that I am older even though I loved being a nanny I missed a lot of time with my mom and dad. Now that they are no longer here, I wished I had taken more time to come home. When things get hard it is good to have family and friends around to make life a little bit better. At least that is how I look at it after being a nanny and working away from home for over 20 years.

Does a homestead in the mid-west count! I am on the east coast and would love to move to an area that is less populated and more sustainable. I have no ties other than work, so it's just a matter of time...
It does for me! I would like to find one in southern Nebraska or Kansas. I could be very happy with 5, 10, or 40 acres, and maybe even more.

I wish there was another 6 hours to every day. Never enough time to get it all done, and we are about out of time.

I wish there was another 6 hours to every day. Never enough time to get it all done, and we are about out of time.
I don't have the energy for more hours in a day. I wish I did, but the idea of setting goals and getting things done one step at a time has worked for me. If I had more financial abilities, I would hire more things to get done for me, such as doing some field work: plowing, planting, harvesting, if I had farm land. I actually love to work in the fields doing this, but there is only so much people can do.

I moved away for work when I was younger. Felt like a good idea at the time but now that I am older even though I loved being a nanny I missed a lot of time with my mom and dad. Now that they are no longer here, I wished I had taken more time to come home. When things get hard it is good to have family and friends around to make life a little bit better. At least that is how I look at it after being a nanny and working away from home for over 20 years.
My parents died before I ever moved out here 30 years ago. Siblings have been gone for over a decade. My kids move out in all directions, none stayed near.
I don't mind it here but there is just nothing holding me here and I would rather be where I could have a larger garden. The hunting is okay here but it feels like the establishment will eventually squeeze that out, I dream of having enough property that I could do a little hunting just walking from the house.

I found out a long time ago I can live with a lot less than people think, keep it simple and dont go overboard with preps.
I think sometimes that prepping was invented to keep the consumer society consuming.
my ancestors definitely lived with a lot less.

Last edited:
I found out a long time ago I can live with a lot less than people think, keep it simple and dont go overboard with preps.
I think sometimes that prepping was invented to keep the consumer society consuming.
my ancestors definitely lived with a lot less.

I would normally agree. But, This is the end game of the U.S. and global control by a one world Tyrranical government.

thats not my point, being forced by govt to live without things and living a simpler life by choice are not the same.

Reactions: Neb

Latest posts

Back