Do you have horses?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

havasu

Internet Constable
Staff member
Admin
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
Years ago, I loaded my horse next to a very expensive in a 2 horse trailer. Within 2 minutes, my horse became an idiot and flipped over the other horse and was kicking to get free. Problem was, hit butt chain, wrapped around his hind leg and he was stuck. Yeah, all hell broke loose until we could get the vet up there and dope both animals where they could be cut out. None of this would have happened if we had a set of bolt cutters quickly available. My question is, if this was to happen at your ranch, do you know where those bolt cutters are?

Just something to think about. Had our bolt cutters been quickly available, neither horses would have been severely injured.

Where are your bolt cutters?

Jeez, mine are...out at the farm? Actually now that I think of it they may have been in Dad's unattached garage when it burned. I haven't used them in over ten years.

And I am no longer responsible for any horses, so...😉

Years ago, I loaded my horse next to a very expensive in a 2 horse trailer. Within 2 minutes, my horse became an idiot and flipped over the other horse and was kicking to get free. Problem was, hit butt chain, wrapped around his hind leg and he was stuck. Yeah, all hell broke loose until we could get the vet up there and dope both animals where they could be cut out. None of this would have happened if we had a set of bolt cutters quickly available. My question is, if this was to happen at your ranch, do you know where those bolt cutters are?

Just something to think about. Had our bolt cutters been quickly available, neither horses would have been severely injured.

Where are your bolt cutters?
Many pair, always handy, one in my truck and one in hubby's truck!

I have a pair, but honestly my wife’s mare is the mellowist horse I’ve ever seen. In the 20 years we’ve had her she’s never gotten tangled in anything.
Old Sugar, that we got from a Sheriff’s office seizure case, has been in the ground for years, as well as the palomino we rescued from the slaughter truck.
No other horse would ever be allowed into my wife’s trailer, an Exxis 4 horse w/living quarters.

Latest posts

Back