Do you read manuals?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Weedygarden

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
Do you read the manuals, agreements, and contracts that are often many pages long? I know I don't, unless there is some aspect of something that I need help with. I do have most of the manuals that came with household appliances. I've punched holes in them and keep them in a 3 ring binder. Most of them should probably go into the recycling bin.

This woman won $10,000, while on page 7 of a travel insurance policy.

https://kdvr.com/2019/03/06/teacher-wins-10000-for-reading-fine-print-in-insurance-policy/

Teacher wins $10,000 for reading fine print in insurance policy
ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. — A Florida travel insurance company has awarded a Georgia high school teacher $10,000 for reading the fine print in a policy she recently purchased.

A Squaremouth statement says Donelan Andrews claimed the prize 23 hours after the contest began.

The St. Petersburg-based company says it launched the secret contest Feb. 11. Buried in the fine print was a promise of $10,000 for the first person to send an email to a specific address.

Besides the $10,000 for Andrews, Squaremouth says it’s giving another $10,000 to a children’s literacy charity, plus $5,000 each to the two schools where Andrews teaches consumer economics.

Andrews says she applied for retirement a week before winning the contest. The prize will fund a trip to Scotland with her husband to celebrate their 35th wedding anniversary.

Follow this story to get email or text alerts from KDVR when there is a future article following this storyline.

Like Lazy L, if my signature goes on it I read it first.
Manuals are another thing. I don't read them unless I run into a problem and then I just skim it for the answer.
I once spent a night in the pouring rain in a tent with about 4 inches of water and everything soaked. Just because I didn't read the instructions on how to set up the tent.
Who would have thought the tent poles went on the inside of the thing?

I came across a copy of the rules one time but I've moved multiple times and I don't know where it is. There are 14 rules and I only remember number 14. "If the man becomes aware of the rules it is the woman's responsibility to change the rules."

I came across a copy of the rules one time but I've moved multiple times and I don't know where it is. There are 14 rules and I only remember number 14. "If the man becomes aware of the rules it is the woman's responsibility to change the rules."

Well shucks, that's obvious. :ghostly:

I have written a few manuals for software that I wrote. I was constantly told that I had to dumb down the manuals - the software was technical software.
My wife didn't come with a manual so while we were getting to know each other over the internet I wrote one. I gave her a manual on me too. She complained it was written for a 3rd grader. I explained about the other manuals I had published and she accepted it.
She's a college graduate and a smart girl. I challenge her often but always make fun of myself. We are constantly intimate in a myriad of ways. We like our interactions.

Yep, like the old tube radios. Twist the knobs, pull on the switches and light the dials. It sometimes helps to give it a good pat on the backside too. :rolleyes::devil::eyeballs::heart:

Yep, like the old tube radios. Twist the knobs, pull on the switches and light the dials. It sometimes helps to give it a good pat on the backside too. :rolleyes::devil::eyeballs::heart:
Back in the early 1980's we had a MACSYM II that would only boot after a firm kick to the A$$. Drove the Honeywell tech in charge of the service contract nuts :)

Does she giggle like mine? or does she do the "Oo oo oo".

...My wife didn't come with a manual so while we were getting to know each other over the internet I wrote one. I gave her a manual on me too. ....

Before we were married I asked what her favorite color and flower was. Yellow and Daisy. We married and periodically I would give her yellow daisies. I did this for several years until she asked me why yellow daisies?

Your favorite color and flower!

What had given me that idea?

You told me that when we were dating.

Oh that was back then. Now she has a different favorite color and flower.

She didn't offer and I didn't ask. Why should I bother when her favorites change on whims and without notice. :dunno:

It may be my 'feminine' side (though I think of my mind as an oblate spheroid with numerous holes that ideas disappear into), but my favorite flower changes with the seasons. In spring it's the first flowering plant I see outdoors that ain't a bush (bushes get an 'unfair' head start).

Enough said, lol

i-don-t-need-google-my-wife-knows-everything-32351075.png

I can tell you, it can work the other way as well. Nothing like trying to spend time with someone who always knows better than you do and wants to let you know so at every opportunity.(Not!) When people do so, they haven't figured out that it doesn't serve anyone.

Yeah! I know I'm a damfool, I don't need constant reminders.

Yeah! I know I'm a damfool, I don't need constant reminders.
We humans are all flawed and all make mistakes. The deal is, what can you tolerate, and what can you not tolerate?

Me? I cannot stand to try to have a conversation with someone who always knows better than me, interrupts me, and makes assumptions about what I was really trying to say, especially before I finished with what I was trying to say. I do know that it is irritating to anyone. (VThillman, that is not you!)

We keep manuals for when stuff goes wrong or breaks.
I don't get slapped.
It's funny, I think he must know how quickly I can turn and poke him in the gut with an elbow slam, forearm him across the throat and punch him the face. Not that I ever have. We practice the moves.
I lied. It happened. I done been slapped and I won't be practicing ninja skills on him anyway.

Latest posts

Back