Do you think "Preppers" tell the TRUTH.....???

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
...Or, more recently, the Brilliant Chinese Engineer I worked under in CA, who 'invented' / designed an otherwise-unparallelled Laser system for 'Raman Spectroscopy' - that the Co sold for $250K a pop :oops: - and this guy used to go on and on about this 'great Asian Fresh-market' he'd stop at - literally, like Every night, on the way home from work - to Get 'Dinner' for that night..

Its a real paradox...

It's hard to be smart....without being stupid.

Maybe the question is are there "preppers" who say they're prepped, but really are not, just living in their mamas basement and spending time on the forums.
On another forum I sometimes am on, (Doomsday Preppers), there was a guy that said he knew it all because he's on some level of some end of the world video game. And he played against some people, and he was the best at survival. Now that's just not normal.

Maybe the question is are there "preppers" who say they're prepped, but really are not, just living in their mamas basement and spending time on the forums.

Probably.

Not an issue unique to preppers though. Any interest group you care to name is only about 10% doers and 90% groupies.

On another forum I sometimes am on, (Doomsday Preppers), there was a guy that said he knew it all because he's on some level of some end of the world video game. And he played against some people, and he was the best at survival. Now that's just not normal.
yeah, I have come across one or two who were gamers and thought thats all they needed to survive, fantasy land.
they didnt last long on the forum.

Do I think preppers tell the truth? We all know that there are some people who have the need, for whatever reason, to try to impress strangers on a forum like this one. After reading this thread, it sounds like the question is about whether preppers are honest with themselves about their preps.

I think a lot of that depends on age and experience. The younger, gamer types will likely be more inclined to inflate their abilities and preps. Most of them should grow out of that as they mature. By and large, I think most people who identify as preppers are pretty clear minded about what they have and can do. You have to be realistic when you have a family to provide for because their lives might depend on knowing exactly what you really have.

It's hard for me to grasp the concept of deluding yourself in such a way. If you're caught up in some Walter Mitty type fantasy, you're doomed along with any who depend on you.

Latest posts

Back