Does anyone have Hulu TV?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Haertig

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
If you have Hulu, how bad are the commercials? Are they in your face all the time and super repetitive, or are they less intrusive?

Hulu has a Black Friday special offer coming up ... $1.99 per month for 12 months. Normally $5.99 per month. This is for the basic package (which includes commercials). Deal is apparently available from Thanksgiving Day 2020 until Cyber Monday 2020.

https://www.cordcuttersnews.com/hul...month-for-one-year-starting-thanksgiving-day/
Normally I hate commercials. But for $2 per month I may be able to stand them to catch up on some older TV shows I want to see (or watch again). It depends on just how bad and frequent these commercials are on Hulu. Does anybody have Hulu and can comment on that?

We have (for now) Hulu from our cell phone carrier.

The commercials are less invasive than broadcast TV, but extremely repetitive (expect to see 2 or 3 commercials over and over within the same movie).

Hulu has a "Commercial Free" option, but I don't think it's worth what they charge.

If the free Hulu deal I have expires, I doubt I'll renew. I despise the thought of paying for TV with commercials.

We have a bunch of free movie aps on our Roku that have commercials too, but they're free, so I don't mind those too much.

Regardless of the service, many cut to commercials mid scene or at awkward times, although Hulu is generally better at selecting good times to insert their commercial breaks.

Even with my slooooow internet, there is so much free TV you can stream it's hard to justify paying but for $1.99 a month I might be tempted. I put an antenna outside and I can get 55 channels free. After I delete the Spanish, shopping, and religious channels I'm left with 12 I watch. With my Samsung TV, I get Samsung online free. There are 145 channels. Pluto App gives me over 120 channels free.
Amazon prime gives me a bunch more choices.

So far there is nothing on tv at all we care for and we don't like sports so nothing there.
We do fine with all we need so far on YT which I'm sure that will change soon too.We pay for a movie maybe once a month but really like the real people and learning and of course music on YouTube.We hve all the news, politics too. We pay for commercial free 11.99 mon.and buy movie now and then.

We were not interested in anything on Hulu. We have a Roku box on every set in the house that lets us steam YouTube. By the time I subscribe to channels that I like and then a subscription to TheBlaze media, there is not enough time left in the day to watch anything else. Then add in Prime that comes with a prime membership with Amazon and Disney+ ...

Ben

I wasn't really asking if there is much good to watch on Hulu. Most of it is probably trash, I agree, but that's a personal taste thing. However, they do have all six seasons of LOST!, that I wouldn't mind watching again. Firefly is another good (but short) series I'd like to see again. Last Man Standing might be good for a few laughs too (I always liked Tim Allen).

Had Hulu for a month and dropped it, Netflix too. I can't watch all the free stuff. $2 is a pretty fair price though. I get DVD's when Amazon has them for $5.

I've had the basic package for years and the commercials don't bother me. I haven't noticed how many there are because while I'm watching tv I'm usually doing other things like sewing, doing puzzles, etc. and I just tune them out. I don't watch network tv so if there's something I'm interested in I can catch it and the older shows on Hulu. It's a good resource for me and the only programming I pay extra for now. Looks like Hulu is making a big push to sign up all the people who dropped Netflix. $2 a month is virtually free and you can always cancel it if you don't like it.

Back