Quantcast

Does anyone here reload for .300 Blackout?

Help Support Homesteading Forum:

Haertig

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
I'm looking for bullet and powder recommendations for both subsonic and higher velocity reloads.

These reloads will be shot out of a 9" barrel AR with suppressor (not mine). I will be using Remington Small Rifle 7-1/2 Benchrest Primers because I have a ton of those.

For subsonic (plinking), I am considering Berry's Plated 220gr bullets and Hodgdon CFE BLK powder. Is this good? Other suggestions? Alternate bullet I'm considering is the Sierra MatchKing 220gr (twice the cost of the Berry's plated bullet). I figure at the low (handgun level) velocity of subsonic .300 Blackout, plated bullets should be just fine, and a good cost savings.

For normal velocity loads, I have not yet researched what to use. Suggestions for both powder and bullet?

Thanks!

Last edited:

Spikedriver

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
I don't use the Blackout, but a quick Google search showed around 19 grains of Hodgdon Lil' Gun behind a 110 grain bullet (like those intended for .30 M1 carbine) gives a decent result from SBRs. Of course all the usual handloading safety warnings apply. This would probably be a good high velocity load.