Dogs Can Be Jealous Of Your Children

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Meerkat

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
This is my second toddler attcked by a jealous family dog. It haappens more than people know too.
My neice 2 yr old was attacked by her dog and it messed up her face. I told her not to let the dog around her babys. She spoiled the dogs and then when she has kids the dogs sees all the attention going to the baby and kid.
Usually its the grandmothers dog who attacks the kid. My granddaughter little girl had her face tore up by the husbands mothers dog.She looked terrible and had to have plastic surgery when she was just 4 . A granny next door to us dog put 122 sstitches in her granbabys throat chest area almost lilled her.

Dogs have to be taught from a very early age that all humans are higher in the pack than they are.
That is why my dogs came inside to eat. They watched all of us eat first and only then did they get fed. kids could pull ears and cover the dogs faces and pull tails and the dogs either took it or walked away. The kids were never allowed to chase the dogs.

Dogs have to be taught from a very early age that all humans are higher in the pack than they are.
That is why my dogs came inside to eat. They watched all of us eat first and only then did they get fed. kids could pull ears and cover the dogs faces and pull tails and the dogs either took it or walked away. The kids were never allowed to chase the dogs.

We neve got bit by any of our dogs but they were always outside and also use to kids. We had a chow and it bit one of the grand kids on the finger so it was given to a junkyard who took good care of the dog.
Both the dogs who attacked the kids was put down so everyone lost.
People don't listen and think their dog won't hurt a child. We always watch our dogs around kids and no kid is allowed around them since they are not use to kids. Dogs in in the back yard when company comes.

A family member had to put her boxer down after it ripped her small child's face. Child is now a beautiful adult with a faint scar. That dog had issues and acted weird around my husband. He said he would have no problem putting the dog down if she was struggling to do so.
When I was a teen my dad wanted to see if my dog would defend me in any way so he ran and grabbed my leg while dog and I were sitting around. Dog bit his hand, as a warning, no blood, then felt a little ashamed.
Our dog runs in circles around the furniture to stay away from the littles. She is kind of scared of them but has never acted aggressively toward them. After a little while I make them stop.
The dog and the cat...ridiculous the kingdom stuff going on sometimes. They are 10, kitty, and dogo is 7 or 8.

We were very fortunate. None of our dogs were ever aggressive toward our children when they were young. If they had been we would have gotten rid of them in a heartbeat.

IMHO dogs can be unpredictable. You never know what might set them off. I know several adults who have been bitten for no apparent reason. They were doing something the dog didn't like, and the dog reacted. Always best to keep an eye on the children, and make sure they aren't antagonizing the dog. It can work both ways.

Back