Dog's new chew toy, keeps strangers away

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rusty

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
38130105_10209709554255677_4160032664943853568_n.jpg

Crime scene tape works wonders also.

It works for deer.

I had been seeing deer tracks through my garden area regularly while I was digging my garden beds, regularly. Went to the hardware store and was going to buy some fence and an electric charger. Guy said he was happy to sell me anything I wanted but that it probably wouldn't work. Sold me a roll of caution tape and some white tape a little over an inch wide. The caution tape went in three rounds around the garden the top being about 6' off the ground. The narrower white tape got tied onto the top tape in maybe 3' pieces, streamers. Haven't seen a deer anywhere near the garden since. I do also have a few chairs and "scarecrow" type items that get moved around sitting on the outside but near the garden fence. They told me that things changing keeps the deer guessing as to what's going on. I had also gotten some fishing line that I had intended to put up a few feet to the outside of the caution tape fence to maybe confuse any that got curious enough to get close. Never did put it up.

Not quite what I expected to do for deer fence but it has worked well, and it's cheap. As for rabbits, I just have a 2' poultry netting around the bottom of the caution tape fence. No rabbit problems. But the moles... still working on those.

Back