Doll talk (customizing, having them, or sewing/crocheting for them)

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Swing

Porch Lover
Staff member
Admin
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
I thought since there is a bit of talk about dolls over in the real photo thread.

I have gotten into American Girl dolls due to a daughter and 2 granddaughters. Lots of adults are collectors.

What is fun, is that I mostly sew for them and like them now that I've learned of customization.

I have not done the actual customization work, but I do a lot of sewing for them.

I did buy an American Girl body with no eyes and hair. Bought a wig I thought would look good, and then some non-American Girl eyes. I sent all that in a box to friend to put together for me. She did that, and added a bit of color to cheeks and lips.

Here is before:

upload_2018-3-18_22-54-32.png

And here are all the parts put together and a dress I made for her:

upload_2018-3-18_22-55-27.png

And here is where I went to my favorite "get off the world" place yesterday.
A good excuse to take photos and send to grandkids, etc.

upload_2018-3-18_22-56-42.png

Now, tell me about your older dolls, new dolls, grandma's dolls, etc.
And if you make or have made doll clothes or dolls of any types.

I have knock off versions of Cabbage Patch dolls a friend made for sons when they were little.
Salt and Pepper. GI. Joes, Thundercats, Teenage Mutant Turtles, and old sock monkey that was mine as a child.
Now if you want to talk toys, I collect those.
Especially from the 1920's, 30's 40's some from 50's, 60's. Not much from 70's was a teenager.
Dolls not so much.
Have Mrs Beasley, that was my youngest sister's.,and a doll my middle sister gave a poorly haircut too.
Her doll she gave haircut too.

In the past 2 years, I've done more with dolls than in all my previous life. Yesterday I received a Blyte doll that I ordered back in January. She's like described, but different than what I was expecting. Her head is about 4 sizes too large for the body. It's a Russian type of "Barbie" or something. But the main reason I bought her was she had joints that allow more flexibility of body. Now to see what I do with her. And her eyes can change.

I'll be "playing" with her in my "get off the world" time.

Neat on you collecting toys. I made the Cabbage Patch kid look alikes from Hobby Lobby as I didn't have the funds to get a real one for my girls at that time. I made enough for others at tech school to pay for making mine for the kids and make a few extra $$.

Latest posts

Back