• Welcome to Homesteading & Country Living.
    We are glad you came to visit.
    Ads in your way? Register/login and read with less ads, or ask how to get rid of them.

Doogan progress

Help Support Homesteading Forum:

Spikedriver

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
I know some people in Georgia ate turtles.Some of the fishermen at our lake did.Plus couple lived next door to us 40 yr ago in Atlanta ate them.
About 20 years ago, a neighbor kid paid for his first car by trapping snapping turtles for the Asian market. I don't have much desire to try turtle meat, but they must like it over there.

An added benefit of his trapping our pond was that when I would fish for sunfish, the darn snappers would attack the ones I caught sometimes. I saw it once. It was a little scary to have your rod bend in half and see a big snapper come up with your little sunfish in its mouth. I broke my line off three or four times because of that...

phideaux

Spectator of Life
Neighbor
Instead of pics today , I did a little videoing.
Hope it ain't too boring.

We spent lots of time playing today.

First of all he really likes the creek. He's a water dog.
May 24, 2020

After creek , he headed to the pond.

Then we had a new experience. One that I've been waiting for.
We headed up the hill and just as we topped the ridge , a big cottontail jumped up right in front of him. He took off after it like a bullet, but the hare escaped thru a fence. We're on far south side of farm and near hwy, so the traffic noise is bad here.
He worked hard . Now I know he will run rabbit.
Rabbits always circle back to where they were jumped...so I know I'll not go hungry with my helper.

After a couple hrs of work , I think he was ready to go home. He just came over and laid down beside the golf cart.
So time for a real treat...his favorite...Vienna sausages...every day
I ate one myself, they're still good...been in storage 10 years...need restocking.

Good day.

Jim

Last edited:

Meerkat

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
Instead of pics today , I did a little videoing.
Hope it ain't too boring.

We spent lots of time playing today.

First of all he really likes the creek. He's a water dog.
May 24, 2020

Then we had a new experience. One that I've been waiting for.
We headed up the hill and just as we topped the ridge , a big cottontail jumped up right in front of him. He took off after it like a bullet, but the hare escaped thru a fence. We're on far south side of farm and near hey, so the traffic noise is bad here.
He worked hard . Now I know he will run rabbit.
Rabbits always circle back to where they were jumped...so I know I'll not go hungry with my helper.
May 24, 2020
May 24, 2020

After a couple hrs of work , I think he was ready to go home. He just came over and laid down beside the golf cart.
So time for a real treat...his favorite...Vienna sausages...every day
I ate one myself, they're still good...been in storage 10 years...need restocking.
May 24, 2020

Goo day.

Jim
A happy dog, wags his tail alot like our Alice did. Thanks for the video ,not boring at all.

Latest posts