Doubling up on the essential items.

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Magus

The Shaman of suburbia.
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
I'm a big survival horror fan, I watch a LOT of movies since I retired, I've learned a few things:

The hero loses his gun and is trying desperately to reach it with a stick because his leg is broke.
Simple, carry a backup. bang! dead monster, then retrieve the lost shooter.

The hero loses his flashlight/batteries go dead and he's flummoxing about in the dark while gods know what is looking for him.
Simple, where's the backup? a damned spare flashlight weighs only an ounce or two, batteries even less!

That vital component to the machine to save the world just got kicked over the railing by a bad guy and busted into a billion pieces, OH NO!
Simple, shoot the bad guy in the face, make sure by tapping him again, pull out the spare, world is saved!

What I'm saying is, if something is mission dependent, vital, or irreplaceable, carry two or more! an extra clip or three, an extra med kit, batteries,
you get the idea. it's the little things that will kill you every time!

Crossing the Atlantic the fuel pump died on my diesel so no propulsion or alternator. Light winds, so it was a slow crossing. When I hit the Caribbean I bought three electric fuel pumps. Lesson learned.

Latest posts

Back