Down Under Lingo

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

phideaux

Old fashioned
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
I need to know , just for my own personal info, how many of you have ever had a Wobbler?

I'm not sure ,, but I don't think I want one.

But, it's possible I have.

I'm hoping that SC or Tank _girl can tell me if I did or not.

I ask my wife , and all I got was a strange'what the heck are you talking about " look.

Yes , I want to know if I've had a Wobbler.

Jim:dunno::)

Two countries separated by a common language.
Maybe that was England they were talking about.
Same principle I guess.:)
Here is one definition from the urban dictionary.
wobbler
A scantily-clad dressed woman, very under the influence or drunk, and cannot maintain balance while walking. Often seen wearing short skirts and high-heels with her knees about to buckle and also yelling "Woo-hoo!". These characters are often found in your local bar on a Friday or Saturday night 10pm.
Dude #1: "Hey, look at that tramp over there. She looks like she's about to bust her ass in those heels"
Dude #2: "Ugh, poor Wobbler....."

If you have had a wobbler I would make sure your wife doesn't know.:angie:

Aha never heard of a wobbler before now but here in Australia we call those under the influence of too much liquor - legless (not being able to walk), pissed, inebriated or drunk but usually the second one :D . The second one also refers to being extremely angry as well. Being sick after consuming lots of liquor is known as praying to the porcelain god or the toilet in other words.

Having a temper tantrum can be known as a tanty, tantrum, throwing a wobbly or major wobbly or spitting the dummy.

@phideaux going on the above definition supplied by @backlash is if you have ever come home totally intoxicated and couldn't walk straight then I suppose you had a wobbler then :dunno: .

Also @backlash 's urban dictionary description could also refer to a street walker as well in the major cities in Australia and most other countries ;) but we usually get quite a few intoxicated both male and female general public in most of the night clubs on any given night anywhere who are flat out walking a straight line after drinking too much.

Wobbler, geez sorry but I haven't heard that one before and I've been around some fairly "earthy" sorts.

Warbler - I have heard before. It's a icy cold beer after eating dust in the cattle yards all day.

Australian native magpies throw their heads back to warble and so I guess that's the position someones head takes when drinking a beer hence the name.

147513aa60d00e1b2cb01edcc93388c9.jpg

Latest posts

Back