Drag queens in the Navy?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:rolleyes: really. He joined the Navy to have money is the only impression i get from this story, because "drag...it quickly became costly."
He can embrace his "feminine side.":eek:
Obviously, I am not real thrilled or pro-drag, -gay, etc.
Your point is that it wasn't allowed in your day and now they're doing Navy Times news articles about gay sailors, with photos.
:(

I guess my point is that the military isn't a social experiment....The one job the military has is to break things and be really really good at it!

if thats what people choose to do on their own time I dont care, but promoting it like it's some kind of a great thing when the Navy and Army have been gutted by the previous 8 years under obama.
They should be focusing on recruitment, training and the mission at hand....not some kid that dresses like a woman and had a hard time to pay off his bills...

I'd rather, as a features story, they focus on some awesome kid whose family fled another country and went to the U.S. and the kid wants to join the military to help be a part of a** whooping of defending his or her new country. Yeah, that's just me tho.
Or a kid who is going to be an inventor/engineer in new defense equipment. That's real stuff.

No surpraise

Why are we in this hand basket and where are we going?
In my 10 years in the Navy this would have never been tolerated much less encouraged.
That guy would have met with an accident, like falling overboard on a dark and stormy night.
When America goes to the next war, and they someday will, we will be in big trouble.

Why are we in this hand basket and where are we going?
In my 10 years in the Navy this would have never been tolerated much less encouraged.
That guy would have met with an accident, like falling overboard on a dark and stormy night.
When America goes to the next war, and they someday will, we will be in big trouble.

I think the previous 8 years wanted us to be in big trouble on the next war, etc. Taking the spine and starch and loyalty, etc out of the military that's suppose to protect us. Men being men and ladies being ladies, and ladies not in some places where it's very tight quarters, etc.

I guess my point is that the military isn't a social experiment....The one job the military has is to break things and be really really good at it!
They should be focusing on recruitment, training and the mission at hand....

Before my ship was decommissioned someone set up a web page for it. When I was on board the crew were all men, a destroyer, a fighting ship. In the 90’s women were allowed on board for certain jobs. Instead of a cohesive crew it became a soap opera. Young men and women confined on a ship at sea? It literally became the “love boat”.

Women are capable of doing many jobs on a destroyer, that’s not my point. I’d hate to go into a battle at sea when 30% of the crew is more concerned about their lover than doing their job! From the posts I saw on that website I know it would have been less effective as a fighting ship.

I agree completely, no fighting unit should ever be a social experiment. The goal with any fighting unit is to combine people and equipment and train them to be more efficient/effective and any unit they might face in combat, not to meet some PC standard a liberal dreamed up.

I remember reading several years ago about marine artillery unit efficiency reports being squashed because they indicated that mixed sex units weren't as effective of as all male units.

During the last administration anyone with a PC attitude was promoted and those not PC were forced into retirement or chased off.

Slightly off topic, I would like to see all female artillery units and all female bomber crews. Place a colorant in their ordinance, I suggest pink, so that the moslems know they are being killed by women. They believe that when a woman kills a man he goes straight to hell. I believe this would be effective at reducing the number of moslems willing to go against our military. In WWII some ships used different colorants so they knew where their rounds were going as compared to other ships in the fleet. The technology already exists.

Par for the course ,they have had marines in red high heels for a few years now.

Last edited:
Well guess this is what we get ,first they let us vote now we think we are all queens.

Another by product of fake feminist crapola. Jack boot fems now put men in ugly situations.

What a disgrace, maybe the little Freak will trip in his heels a fall over board.
Before my ship was decommissioned someone set up a web page for it. When I was on board the crew were all men, a destroyer, a fighting ship. In the 90’s women were allowed on board for certain jobs. Instead of a cohesive crew it became a soap opera. Young men and women confined on a ship at sea? It literally became the “love boat”.

Women are capable of doing many jobs on a destroyer, that’s not my point. I’d hate to go into a battle at sea when 30% of the crew is more concerned about their lover than doing their job! From the posts I saw on that website I know it would have been less effective as a fighting ship.

I agree completely, no fighting unit should ever be a social experiment. The goal with any fighting unit is to combine people and equipment and train them to be more efficient/effective and any unit they might face in combat, not to meet some PC standard a liberal dreamed up.

I remember reading several years ago about marine artillery unit efficiency reports being squashed because they indicated that mixed sex units weren't as effective of as all male units.

Lots of good women serve in our military and I honor them but some jobs are best left to the men. Nurses are like guardian angels to injured and dying soldiers. But life in combat can be too challenging for most women. Especially if they haven't been through menepause yet. I know we were ask to send feminim napkins in care packages to the ladies.

I thought they nixed transsexuals in the military several years ago? Studies were they did not want anyone who was not action ready 24/7. ANYONE who presented a slight chance of having an ‘off day’ were going to put the unit in peril. Someone who was unsure what bathroom to use is not an asset to a fighting unit, they are a liability. Like anyone who is mentally unstable is a liability.

They say he is good at his job. Just to be clear I believe these individuals have always been there. Giving them a stage and an article about the high cost of dresses and heels is another thing.

My first ship...the Mighty USS Independence, was all guys, and one experimental female flight surgeon that was very nice on the eyes....
No problems, guys acted like the rough sailors we were, and got the job done. Had the usual dirtbags but they got sorted out as needed. the gays kept to themselves and worked just as hard as the rest of us.
It just wasn't advertised like it was their full time job to do so like it is today.

Second command, shore duty, Had females...lots of TAD pregnancies in the base club partying it up because they arent underway...
Had problems with the usual small town high school issues you find on any shore station, but I was shore duty in Japan and in my 20's....
I was living life....

Last command....LCC-19....Hotel 19 USS Blue Ridge....
at any given time 20% of the females were pregnant and missing deployments, or flown off during deployments because pregnancies,
I was the Chief of the guard for our ships security force watch section, had two females in my section... one was a 1st class that had no clue what was going on at any given moment and a black E4 that cried because she thought we were discriminating because she had to do a 0000-0600 watch...with an M14 that everyone else had to carry as well. She got pregnant soon after....
(have a hilarious story about the 1st class and an incident in-port Brunei)
We never seemed to have the budget for range time or proper training, but always had the budget for sexual harassment/rape, alcohol, pregnancy and the multitude of special race months....

The mess decks underway...dating game and love boat all in one...

My Chief who was the best chief I've had and we would go through the 7th gate of hell and back for...got sent to Mast...for sexual harassment....walking into the division office and saying "good morning ladies!! lets get to work! " while there was 3 females and the rest of were guys...

I got out at 11.5 years...I had enough after that command and the 7th fleet in general...

A couple months back the local AAA baseball team honored female veterans. My wife was invited and the family was treated to a nice 4th of July baseball game with fireworks. When they brought the veterans out for the national anthem one of the active duty veterans was a guy. My wife was like what the hell. We didn't even want to know that story.

I don't understand how that disrespectfulness of a superior can be used to prosecute said superior by a lower enlisted rank. Somebody in the Executive missed the memo about regimental discipline and military customs and courtesies.

A couple months back the local AAA baseball team honored female veterans. My wife was invited and the family was treated to a nice 4th of July baseball game with fireworks. When they brought the veterans out for the national anthem one of the active duty veterans was a guy. My wife was like what the hell. We didn't even want to know that story.

IMO< a soldier is a soldier serving in the military. We don't have special days for men and shouldn't have them for women either. Too much gender confusion going on period.
I call it Isis aka ' Nimrods wife' syndrome. o_O
I honor our service men and women but don't agree with all the wars and leaders being killed and radicals fillign the voids, ,but then I don't know why so who knows. I think there is out side influence leading the some of the wars.

This is why I did not recommend my kids join any branch of the military. I retired just as the lunacy began. While we have our troops practice this crap our enemies train to kill. We want to become like NATO even tho NATO can't put out a dumpster fire without us.

Latest posts

Back