Draw Bar

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peanut

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
Thought I should post this since it's the only one like it I've ever seen. It's not a conventional draw bar. Dad made it decades ago. Seems like he saw one like it somewhere and then made his own. It has a tongue for hooking up a trailer if needed like a regular draw bar.

It was designed for light logging duty. Made from 3” angle iron, can’t see it but the inside angle has a 1”x1” piece of steel welded in for extra strength across it’s length.

The best part is the ring, it’s great for hooking up a chain when skidding logs. It allows the chain to move freely depending on the angle of the pull. The chain will never bind.

Those of you with tractors might want to weld one together. I've pulled 3ft diameter logs with no problems. And we've been using it more than 40 years... paid for itself many times over.

28aug21  draw bar 3 a.JPG

Last edited:
i keep boxblade on my tractor mostly.i have baskets on top for chainsaws and accessories. i put weld hooks n blade to just drop logging chain down in it to pull logs with.i can push stuff with it as well. i also added screen(expanded metal) on back of my ROPS bar after friends son got killed with broken chain/cable.plus it deflect stuff from bush hog. i knocked a truck windshield out with rock from bush hog once. if it had hit somebody it would have killed them.

Thought I should post this since it's the only one like it I've ever seen. It's not a conventional draw bar. Dad made it decades ago. Seems like he saw one like it somewhere and then made his own. It has a tongue for hooking up a trailer if needed like a regular draw bar.

It was designed for light logging duty. Made from 3” angle iron, can’t see it but the inside angle has a 1”x1” piece of steel welded in for extra strength across it’s length.

The best part is the ring, it’s great for hooking up a chain when skidding logs. It allows the chain to move freely depending on the angle of the pull. The chain will never bind.

Those of you with tractors might want to weld one together. I've pulled 3ft diameter logs with no problems. And we've been using it more than 40 years... paid for itself many times over.

View attachment 71555
That is really awesome!!!

We have about 30 acres of timber here, seems I'm always skidding logs out for firewood etc. This draw bar has worked great.

I like using the hydraulic lifts when pulling logs, makes it easy if the log is behind a stump or see if the butt hangs on some obstacle like a gully. Just gives better control of a log.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back