Dresses for.6.5 inch doll.

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Swing

Porch Lover
Staff member
Admin
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
20171223_164929.jpg
20171224_101605.jpg
This is what i was finishing up yesterday.

It still amazes me to see what you can do with something that small. The detail is amazing and must take considerable patience to accomplish such stunning results.

Very pretty! :thumbs up:. My Aunt collected dolls and over half century ago sent me a Japanese ghesha doll from Japan when her husband was stationed there, then hula skirt from Hawaii and a live dog named Fugi after one of the mountains.

Do you have photos of any of them? I'd love to see them.

No sorry they are long gone. Probably tore up or tarred and feathered by my brothers like my first doll was.
Roofer left a bucket of tar out and my brothers dipped my doll in it and smeared it with my pet duck Joes feather's, so I lost my taste for dolls growing up with all boys.
But I use to love to just look at that beautiful Japanese ghesia girl doll. She was inside a glass case and hard beautiful colors in her attire, forgot what they call dresses.

Angie you do such amazing work!! I have tried making doll clothes but not as small.. wow!! You have a great talent and much patience!! Great Job!

Where did you get the doll??

Meerkat how sad about the loss of those Dolls!! something like that is priceless... darn it!! but atleast you have a wonderful memory of them.. :)

The doll was made by a local Dad to daughter's best friend. He was having me make several as he was going to make and sale the dolls. His life got busier so I don't think he's done many outside of family so far. I have one as I must have a model. She is signed and numbered, so very special.

I need to go make some more doll clothes to take my mind of many things.

Meerkat, I'm sorry your dolls had such an ending.

Angie you do such amazing work!! I have tried making doll clothes but not as small.. wow!! You have a great talent and much patience!! Great Job!

Where did you get the doll??

Meerkat how sad about the loss of those Dolls!! something like that is priceless... darn it!! but atleast you have a wonderful memory of them.. :)

Thank you Maxine. And yes it has been 6 decades ago and I can still picture that doll form Japan.
So my dolls were my animals, cats, donkeys,ducks,goat and dogs.

Ah shirts. I remember several years back when I worked in corporate cubicle a friend at work road motor cycles with a group. They wanted red gingham cowboys style shirts and could not find them. I ended up making 15 of those things. All sizes. With the yokes and snap cuffs, etc. At times I need my head examined.

OH Angie I hear ya!! DH likes the snaps on his shirts too.. his fingers can't work tiny buttons so well.. some days its a real struggle to get those snaps put on! I do have one of those tools to do it,, but I am not strong enough to squeeze it tight.. have even used a hammer.. but that can crack the pearl part of the snap,, now I ask my daughter to put them on with the tool.. thank goodness she is strong!!!

Thank you. Setting in the sleeves on those little things take holding your mouth "Just Right", and the tops are lined, too.
I have never heard anyone else outside of my family say things like that, "ya have to hold your mouth right." If things weren't being done properly, grandfather would say you weren't holding your mouth right. Funny.

Back