Drug Resistant Ringworm Infection found

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Weedygarden

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
So far, only two cases have been found in the U.S., but there are cases in other parts of the world.

https://www.foxnews.com/health/drug-resistant-ringworm-detected-us-first-time-cdc-says
HEALTH

Published May 11, 2023 9:12pm EDT

Drug-resistant ringworm detected in US for first time, CDC says

Infections have also been reported throughout Asia, and in Europe and Canada

For the first time, two cases of highly contagious drug-resistant ringworm infections have been detected in the United States, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

The CDC says the infections were found in two patients in New York City who did not improve with treatments.

The first patient was a 28-year-old woman who developed a "widespread pruritic eruption" in the summer of 2021. The woman, who was pregnant at the time of diagnosis, had no known exposures to a person with a similar rash and no travel history.

Now waita minute, people actually take drugs for ringworm? :dunno:
We all danced with that when we were kids.
We just used some 'salve' my mom made up on them.
I think I remember it being mostly sulphur and vaseline.

I've only ever had 2 spots of it way back when I worked in a vet clinic. I bleached it and threw a bandaid on it so it wouldn't spread. (I had one right on my forearm - then about a week later(?) on the upper portion of my arm where it touched when my arm was bent up, thus the bandaid.)

Either way, both are highly populated.
Please, please, let's not let this escalate to the next 'covid-23' scamdemic
81066-brickwall100.gif

Latest posts

Back