Drum roll please...(nah,nevermind)

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wool E Face

Super Friend
Neighbor
Greetings Folks! I'm here in the somewhat Midwest, Appalachia region on a wee homestead. I'll answer to Wool E Face, but my real name is Rusty Shackleford ;)

I raise a small flock of Shetlands, a little herd of dairy goats and miscellaneous chickens aside from freeloading dogs and cats. I enjoy living out in the middle of nowhere but maybe i should be less of a hermit and communicate with humans sometimes..so here i am.

Welcome from the foothills of the Appalachian mountains in SW PA.

For myself I prefer to live the hermit life stye and interact virtually. That way I can pick and chose when and if I want to talk.

Enjoy the conversations and play nice.

Ben

Welcome from the foothills of the Appalachian mountains in SW PA.

For myself I prefer to live the hermit life stye and interact virtually. That way I can pick and chose when and if I want to talk.

Enjoy the conversations and play nice.

Ben

Thanks Ben! There is something to be said for the cackle of chickens rather than the griping of neighbors.

Welcome to this forum, from "The Greatland" (aka beautiful Alaska).

1624735992739.png

Last edited:
Hello and welcome from out in the woods of S.W. Oregon, one of the still free places of the Left Coast. Thankfully we are surrounded by a number of like minded families that look out for one an other, some are more family than our family and that's alright, we love them like they are our own.

Welcome from Midlands, South Carolina.
There are good people here, I have learned a lot from them.
I have to ask, do you use any of the "FoxFire" skills or are you total Electric & Gas??

Welcome from Midlands, South Carolina.
There are good people here, I have learned a lot from them.
I have to ask, do you use any of the "FoxFire" skills or are you total Electric & Gas??

There are some things we do the old fashioned way and some things that we don't. We obviously have the internet and haven't figured out a way to grow a wifi connection from a tree :p, but we heat from wood, i make some herbal medicines, carve wooden bowls and spoons, make cheese, things from felt, etc. and would really like to try making some home brewed root beer this year.

Welcome from Alaska! I am originally from the Virginian Appalachians, so it is great to have another Appalachian American on the forum! ;)

Latest posts

Back