Earth and Fire: Anasazi Style Pottery

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I lived in an area where the "Anasazi" used to live before they totally died out. There are no "Anasazi" alive today. I have walked on thousands of pieces of their pottery because some spots the ground is totally covered with those pieces. I have maybe fifty pictures of their "art" that they scratched on rocks, supposedly 600 years ago or so. I could have taken hundreds of pictures because this art was everywhere in my area. There were also the remains of hundreds of rocks "houses" and rock walls.

But the reality is that we know nothing about these people. Everything about these people is pure speculation though it is often portrayed as being facts. Seriously we know NO facts. They had no written language.

There are no and been no living members of this "tribe" alive and have been none alive for centuries. Which is also speculation because no one knows.

I lived in an area where the "Anasazi" used to live before they totally died out. There are no "Anasazi" alive today. I have walked on thousands of pieces of their pottery because some spots the ground is totally covered with those pieces. I have maybe fifty pictures of their "art" that they scratched on rocks, supposedly 600 years ago or so. I could have taken hundreds of pictures because this art was everywhere in my area. There were also the remains of hundreds of rocks "houses" and rock walls.

But the reality is that we know nothing about these people. Everything about these people is pure speculation though it is often portrayed as being facts. Seriously we know NO facts. They had no written language.

There are no and been no living members of this "tribe" alive and have been none alive for centuries. Which is also speculation because no one knows.
Ever been to Mesa Verde? I have not, but for many years it was a 6th grade trip for students from the school I taught in. It was a profound experience, especially for inner city children whose lives are often so narrow and limited in ideas and experiences. Some of them still talk about it, more than 20 years later.

Back