Easy upgrade on wood kitchen cabinets

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aklogcabin

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
I clean up our kitchen cabinets to looking a lot better by giving them a wash with warm soapy water. Then using Minwax stain that is not dark, such as a golden oak. I use a pint jar and put in a half cup or so of stain in it. So I can experiment a bit. And not contaminate to stain. Use a paper towel to dip into the stain and wipe it on the wood finish. The solvents in the stain will dissolve the laquer finish on the surface of the topcoat. And flash off. Leaving you with a newer looking cabinet.
You can experiment by adding in Deft brand laquer. What I use anyhows. Add bit at a time into the stain. And wipe it on with a paper towel. There will be laquer fumes so it's a summer project for us . Well like now for me. Winter is coming fast.
Anyway though folks may like this quick easy $20 way to make your wood cabinets look better.

I clean up our kitchen cabinets to looking a lot better by giving them a wash with warm soapy water. Then using Minwax stain that is not dark, such as a golden oak. I use a pint jar and put in a half cup or so of stain in it. So I can experiment a bit. And not contaminate to stain. Use a paper towel to dip into the stain and wipe it on the wood finish. The solvents in the stain will dissolve the laquer finish on the surface of the topcoat. And flash off. Leaving you with a newer looking cabinet.
You can experiment by adding in Deft brand laquer. What I use anyhows. Add bit at a time into the stain. And wipe it on with a paper towel. There will be laquer fumes so it's a summer project for us . Well like now for me. Winter is coming fast.
Anyway though folks may like this quick easy $20 way to make your wood cabinets look better.
Great info, my kitchen and bathroom cabinets need some help!

Latest posts

Back