Edible/Medicinal Plants

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
VenomP, I can't pull those up. Is there another link?

When you click on the link, it downloads the file to your computer. Look in your downloads file, or wherever you have designated for your downloads to go. If you are using a cellphone, it probably won't work.

When you click on the link, it downloads the file to your computer. Look in your downloads file, or wherever you have designated for your downloads to go. If you are using a cellphone, it probably won't work.

Thank you VenomP, but I will just try to google so much going on I can't learn new things right now. I don't know what a download file is plus some sites don't work with my Ghostery and I don't want to mess with that since it works.
I still get the jest of things though.:Thankyou::huggs:

Thank you VenomP, but I will just try to google so much going on I can't learn new things right now. I don't know what a download file is plus some sites don't work with my Ghostery and I don't want to mess with that since it works.
I still get the jest of things though.:Thankyou::huggs:

Ghostery doesn't interfere with it...I use Ghostery myself. The download being on your computer is better than having to read it on the Forum. If the grid goes down, you'd have it on your computer

Ghostery doesn't interfere with it...I use Ghostery myself. The download being on your computer is better than having to read it on the Forum. If the grid goes down, you'd have it on your computer

That would be neat. I'll try to learn it later though. Like in the morning if you show me how.

Yes...can you see the PDF File embedded in the Post? Click on the file and it will; automatically download to your computer's download designated folder.

I downloaded it this morning. Thanks. The other post just had my melting brain confused.:oops:

I’m sorry @VenomJockey My post is not a personal attack on you. The pdf you linked to sounds like someone who is well meaning, a clueless someone who knows absolutely nothing about plant medicine or medicinal plants. Because of his ignorance, he will get people killed who follow this guide.

I didn’t get through the index before I found 48 lies… I counted! In short, anyone who prints this out for their survival kit should store it with the rest of the toilet paper and tinder.

A few examples…

Contents

Washington…. Foxglove… for starters it grows all over the US in home gardens, not native to Washington ST. It’s deadly, been used for folks having a heart attack since the late 1940’s. Used incorrectly and in improper amounts… your dead.

https://www.mnn.com/your-home/organ...photos/13-plants-that-could-kill-you/foxglove

North Dakota

Dioscorea villosa… It’s never been found in North Dakota, it’s common in the deep south. It is used to treat digestive issues. It has never been used to treat colic. Want to see your baby die? Wild yam will do the trick. Best thing in the world for colic... catnip! Great for fevers with infants too...

Washington State… This is the blarb on page 10 about golden seal (not native to WA state). Hydrastis Canadensis “most important natural cure in catarrhal gastritis and gastric ulceration. It supersedes all known remedies as a local, and also as a constitutional tonic when this condition is present.”

This lie is so retarded it could give me gastritis! There are over 200 species of plants growing wild in the US that are better for gastritis and far more common. Most of them contain the same basic chemical as hydrastis canadensis… berberine… The best ones do not.

I haven’t gotten past page 1 of the table of contents or page 10 of the plants, should I continue?

Again… sorry @VenomJockey ... This pdf will get people killed... not personal. I know plants...

I’m sorry @VenomJockey My post is not a personal attack on you. The pdf you linked to sounds like someone who is well meaning, a clueless someone who knows absolutely nothing about plant medicine or medicinal plants. Because of his ignorance, he will get people killed who follow this guide.

I didn’t get through the index before I found 48 lies… I counted! In short, anyone who prints this out for their survival kit should store it with the rest of the toilet paper and tinder.

A few examples…

Contents

Washington…. Foxglove… for starters it grows all over the US in home gardens, not native to Washington ST. It’s deadly, been used for folks having a heart attack since the late 1940’s. Used incorrectly and in improper amounts… your dead.

https://www.mnn.com/your-home/organ...photos/13-plants-that-could-kill-you/foxglove

North Dakota

Dioscorea villosa… It’s never been found in North Dakota, it’s common in the deep south. It is used to treat digestive issues. It has never been used to treat colic. Want to see your baby die? Wild yam will do the trick. Best thing in the world for colic... catnip! Great for fevers with infants too...

Washington State… This is the blarb on page 10 about golden seal (not native to WA state). Hydrastis Canadensis “most important natural cure in catarrhal gastritis and gastric ulceration. It supersedes all known remedies as a local, and also as a constitutional tonic when this condition is present.”

This lie is so retarded it could give me gastritis! There are over 200 species of plants growing wild in the US that are better for gastritis and far more common. Most of them contain the same basic chemical as hydrastis canadensis… berberine… The best ones do not.

I haven’t gotten past page 1 of the table of contents or page 10 of the plants, should I continue?

Again… sorry @VenomJockey ... This pdf will get people killed... not personal. I know plants...

Thanks for the heads up, no offense taken....good post. I will post a link from archive.org where you can get a free download of the edible plants of North America...and you can review it and if there are any foul-ups in it, you can let us know. Again, thanks for the heads-up!!

Latest posts

Back