Eggs $12 a Dozen by Fall...

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@Rocky's Way you have chickens yet?
[/QUOTE]
I have purchased a dozen Rhode Island Red chicks on May 10th, but they're at a friend's coop yet. I need to build a chicken tractor before bringing them home. Then get building a proper permanent coop before Winter.
I'm anxious to get them home so I can manage their care. His neighbor's dog came over and killed 10 and maimed 3 in less than a minute. I need them here, very soon.

Looks like another prediction to keep track of. I have to add it to my list. I think here, white eggs are around $3.00 a dozen, and brown eggs are $2.00 a dozen. Do you really think the price would quadruple in three months?

Do you really think the price would quadruple in three months?
--- ---
For instance..... If you have tracked the price of gas ....in your area.... let alone a province, state, national trend... I will believe it is quite possible... Gas is just one commodity that has had an erratic history of late... There are likely many other products that could be listed with erratic price and availability issues... So I will hate to see it come to this prediction.. But I am going to try to have a personal plan in place to cope ...if, when, where this happens...

My 5 cents of opinion on that detail...
--- ---
In a recent fire at an egg plant in Minnesota.. The article saying 200,000 birds were lost.. Resulting in a loss of 3 million eggs to the market system.. Authorities saying the fire was set, but not known yet exactly how it was set, or by who....

Animal rights domestic terrorist ?? Others ?? There are some organizations who have been officially labeled as ....domestic terrorist....

Does it seem with the seemingly large number of incidents in the whole of North America lately that the groups ...with an agenda... are more active and becoming quite successful in there actions ?? ??

Facts, details, questions, thoughts ?? ??

Do you really think the price would quadruple in three months?
--- ---
For instance..... If you have tracked the price of gas ....in your area.... let alone a province, state, national trend... I will believe it is quite possible... Gas is just one commodity that has had an erratic history of late... There are likely many other products that could be listed with erratic price and availability issues... So I will hate to see it come to this prediction.. But I am going to try to have a personal plan in place to cope ...if, when, where this happens...

My 5 cents of opinion on that detail...
--- ---
In a recent fire at an egg plant in Minnesota.. The article saying 200,000 birds were lost.. Resulting in a loss of 3 million eggs to the market system.. Authorities saying the fire was set, but not known yet exactly how it was set, or by who....

Animal rights domestic terrorist ?? Others ?? There are some organizations who have been officially labeled as ....domestic terrorist....

Does it seem with the seemingly large number of incidents in the whole of North America lately that the groups ...with an agenda... are more active and becoming quite successful in there actions ?? ??

Facts, details, questions, thoughts ?? ??
You have a point, gas has doubled in 18 months, so why would eggs
quadruple in three months.
But do not under estimate the Democrat's or CEO's trying to make a buck.

Just saw this - have not yet tried it.
1668615523424.png

Another prediction that missed the mark by a wide margin. Eggs hare are still under $3.00 a dozen for Grade A Jumbo. It is still Fall, right?

The taste and consistency of my home grown eggs is beyond saving a few dollars right now and with my feed storage they will continue to lay irreguardless of whatever happens with the supply of commercial feed.

Attachments

• 103_0111.JPG
    103_0111.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
Another prediction that missed the mark by a wide margin. Eggs hare are still under $3.00 a dozen for Grade A Jumbo. It is still Fall, right?
Just had a friend text me saying there were 6 doz eggs left in the store she was at & they were $5.50/doz. She is in ND.

At Aldi today. Cheap white eggs were $3.69 a dz. Used to be 89 cents a dz

About the same here. I did see the designer eggs were 9 dollars a dozen.

Just checked, the eggs we use are now $4/dozen. That's a little high, but no where near $12/dozen

I think with food prices we are all being slowly pecked to death. Here is a graph I made and it becomes clear that since 2020 thing have been getting worse, it looks like 1972 all over again. Back in 1972 it took about 10 years for the prices to really settle down again. Lots of pain for lots of people... For full disclosure the 2022 number is for 10 months not 12, so it could be better or worse...

1668858285658.png

Just checked, the eggs we use are now $4/dozen. That's a little high, but no where near $12/dozen

I think with food prices we are all being slowly pecked to death. Here is a graph I made and it becomes clear that since 2020 thing have been getting worse, it looks like 1972 all over again. Back in 1972 it took about 10 years for the prices to really settle down again. Lots of pain for lots of people... For full disclosure the 2022 number is for 10 months not 12, so it could be better or worse...

View attachment 98360
The sad, corrupt thing is, items like eggs, meat, etc. have gone up so much yet I can still buy a case of Bud Light for 17.99. Same price for many years now.

Since 1953 that price of a 6 pack of beer has gone up 476%, increasing from $1.78 to what it is today ~$9.00 per 6 pack. It's funny how those little 2 or 3% increases can add up.

FYI, based on what I could find on the net and your price, the price of beer has not gone up since 2018, so I would expect your turn at the pain wheel is just around the corner.

Let's see if it springs up to match other food prices I guess it would jump to about $10.60 a six pack in the next year or so....

"What's the BIS with BRICS?"

I mean that we expected rival behavior from Russia and China. But I don't think our irresponsible government saw the alliance growing so fast against us? Brazil. India. South Africa.

And they could be adding Indonesia and Saudi Arabia. Virtually every producer of durable goods is saying, "we don't care for your funny money."

I think that elevated prices for food, energy, durable materials are here to stay. Our leverage and weaponizing of our currency status has been overplayed!

Latest posts

Back