Eggs

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GrannyG

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
Egg Custard

3eggs
2 cups scalded milk
1/2 cup of brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla

Nutmeg sprinkled on top.....preheat oven at 425 degrees.....mix ingredients and put into pyrex rectangular dish.....turn the heat down to 350 when you put it in the oven...bake for about
20 minutes.....knife inserted will come out clean when done.....SO YUMMY

Looks yummy....

HAWK'S BAR ROOM PICKLED EGGS AND SAUSAGE
2 cups white vinegar
1 cup water
3 tablespoons pickling spice
1 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon crushed red pepper
6 to 7 squirts Frank's Red Hot Sauce (optional for color or you can use beet juice)
1 tablespoon crushed garlic or powder
1 tablespoon dried onion

Hard boil 18 eggs and boil , then 3 packages Polish sausage until they float. Arrange eggs and sausage in layers, pack to top. take shells of ,Take care not to split eggs. Combine all other ingredients in a medium sauce pan and simmer for 5 minutes.

While still hot, carefully pour brine until full. Put lid on tight shake to mix for 3 days and enjoy!---Hawk-

11895982_899618563451417_818196473084631087_n.jpg

Looks yummy....

HAWK'S BAR ROOM PICKLED EGGS AND SAUSAGE
2 cups white vinegar
1 cup water
3 tablespoons pickling spice
1 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon crushed red pepper
6 to 7 squirts Frank's Red Hot Sauce (optional for color or you can use beet juice)
1 tablespoon crushed garlic or powder
1 tablespoon dried onion

Hard boil 18 eggs and boil , then 3 packages Polish sausage until they float. Arrange eggs and sausage in layers, pack to top. take shells of ,Take care not to split eggs. Combine all other ingredients in a medium sauce pan and simmer for 5 minutes.

While still hot, carefully pour brine until full. Put lid on tight shake to mix for 3 days and enjoy!---Hawk-

11895982_899618563451417_818196473084631087_n.jpg
I have never made or eaten pickled eggs. I wonder what the shelf life is? Do they need to be refrigerated?

Pickled eggs are gooood.

I have never made or eaten pickled eggs. I wonder what the shelf life is? Do they need to be refrigerated?
There is an Amish Store near here that carries Pickled Eggs on their Shelves, so I know that they can be processed for long term storage, however from what I've read it isn't recommended. Most Recipes for Pickled Eggs require them to be Refrigerated, and that's probably the safest bet. I'm going to make some today following the Recipe above, and they will be Refrigerated.

Well I just filled up a huge Pickle Jar with about Two Dozen Eggs, Sausage and sliced Onions. I had to double the Pickling Spices, Vinegar, and Water. As soon as it's cooled it will go in the Refrigerator.

Hubby loves pickled eggs. We have a half doz quarts in the fridge right now. Yes we keep them in the fridge. Also, I cheat making them. When he finishes a jar of peperoncinnis and a jar of pickles, I mix the 'pickle' together and pour it over the eggs (I just use the pickle jars.) Put the lid on and refrigerate for about a month before eating. They keep a long time in there but can't tell you how long as he usually eats them before I have any way of knowing.

I used to make pickled eggs on the tug. I kept them in the refrigerator. Shelf life was never the issue, keeping the crew away from them till they were done was.

I make pickled eggs and can them up to put on my stockroom shelves. They will last about a year. After that the taste does change.

Latest posts

Back