Elderberry syrup

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We had an Elderberry tree a few years ago, had to remove it because it was in the way of a stemwall I had to build for our sun room. The tree was nice to have, put out a lot of berries, beautiful grosbeaks and cedar waxwings loved the berries and would come in by the hundreds. I even started a black walnut tree in a coffee can at the base of that tree, that walnut tree is now around 30' high, 2020 it gave us a 5 gallon bucket of walnuts, 2021 was weird for getting any fruit or nuts, our Granny Smith was the only tree that produced anything worthwhile, also the Elderberries haven't been producing that much in the last few years either, so if you have berries, please take advantage of everything you can.

I have used this & know the maker: she is knowledgeable and has common sense :0)
https://www.healingharvesthomestead...akes-or-an-easy-cold-flu-buster?rq=elderberry
I made some using this recipe. Made about a 24 ounces
20220122_202440.jpg

I have been taking elderberry since just before the pandemic started. Like most of the supplements I take, I have no idea if elderberry does me any good. These supplements that are supposedly good for us are my wife’s domain. It makes her happy that I willingly take them. Happy wife, happy life. From this perspective, they work just fine. :)

Back