Eli the beast

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well his first day has been a good one.
I'm surprised at how he has adapted and so contented with his new home.
He's gone peepee 5 times , all on a peepaid by back door. Poop one time on pad also.
We watch him closely , if he acts like he wants to go , we make him go to pee pad.
Weather don't allow us to go outside.

He's fun and full of energy.

Jim

Last edited:
Well his first day has been a good one.
I'm surprised at how he has adapted and so contented with his new home.
He's gone peepee 5 times , all on a peepaid by back door. Poop one time on pad also.
We watch him closely , if he acts like he wants to go , we make him go to pee pad.
Weather don't allow us to go outside.

He's fun and full of energy.

Jim

Thats great! We tried to teach the kids service dog to use a potty pad so we could take the train to FL but she just looks at us like were crazy. Should have started that when she was a puppy.

Enjoy that little pup, they grow up to fast.

Thats great! We tried to teach the kids service dog to use a potty pad so we could take the train to FL but she just looks at us like were crazy. Should have started that when she was a puppy.

Enjoy that little pup, they grow up to fast.

We just wanted some company .
He is very loving.
Will get up to 6lbs and less than 10" tall.
He's Maltepoo. Both parents were very small.
Very intelligent.

Jim

We just wanted some company .
He is very loving.
Will get up to 6lbs and less than 10" tall.
He's Maltepoo. Both parents were very small.
Very intelligent.

Jim

He sounds and looks like a little teddy bear. Make sure he gets the biggest half of the bed! :LOL:

He's exhausted.
He is sharing the recliner with me.
IMG_20220223_193052112.jpg

Hope he sleeps tonight.

Jim

He's exhausted.
He is sharing the recliner with me.
View attachment 81038
Hope he sleeps tonight.

Jim
Damn you Jim! ;)

You got me seriously considering adopting.

He looks a bit like my sister's dog that is about 15 now having outlived my sister in law and my mother. @ThePrincess talk me down from this crazy tree!

Ben

Damn you Jim! ;)

You got me seriously considering adopting.

He looks a bit like my sister's dog that is about 15 now having outlived my sister in law and my mother. @ThePrincess talk me down from this crazy tree!

Ben
We have had several outside dogs in past 25-30 years. But before that, we had a Maltese for 14 years inside.

So it's nice , and fun , and another adventure to have our last one inside for companionship and fun.

We've only had him 1 day and we're already very attached.
He's so tiny , we can take him in the car , a lot of places.

We're gonna enjoy him .

Jim

We have had several outside dogs in past 25-30 years. But before that, we had a Maltese for 14 years inside.

So it's nice , and fun , and another adventure to have our last one inside for companionship and fun.

We've only had him 1 day and we're already very attached.
He's so tiny , we can take him in the car , a lot of places.

We're gonna enjoy him .

Jim
He is going to enjoy the two of you!!

He is very smart.
We have taken him to his peepad , in the laundry room , by the back door, so many times ....he goes to the peepad now without us , after 3 days. He goes on the pad most of time, he gets the edge sometimes.

Soon as it's warm , it's going out the door to back porch.

We keep the peepad in a plastic boot tray. When it goes to back porch ...just the tray , no more pads.

Fun.

Jim

4th day update.

We are impressed with how quick Eli learns.

Since yesterday ,he leaves the living room, goes thru dining room , thru kitchen , into laundry room , on his own and potties on the peepad . We still watch him closely , but so far no mishaps.

Also, he went to bed at 10 pm , in his kennel, never heard a sound until 5 am, he immediately went to peepad , did his thing . He didn't want to go back to bed , so he whined for a few minutes . Up for good at 7am. He's eating really good , the whole teaspoon .😊

Seeing as how he's gonna be my guard dog , I been trying to teach him to attack

He's learning.

Jim

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back