• Welcome to Homesteading & Country Living.
    We are glad you came to visit.
    Ads in your way? Register/login and read with less ads, or ask how to get rid of them.

Ellen Canceled

Help Support Homesteading Forum:

Peanut

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter

Ellen Canceled today

Jimmy Kimmel canceled yesterday..

Steve Bing... Hollywood mogul jumped out of building on the 22nd... who was neck deep in the clinton foundation haitian child trafficking mess...

This week just keeps getting better and better. The rats are running....

Weedygarden

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
I saw about Steve Bing. I had no idea who he was, but he jumped out a window?

Ellen has had a long run, too long. She has had a big affect on gay rights, too big.

Jimmy Kimmel. I know the name, but I think he was on late night television, something I have never watched.

These are all Hollywood people. I won't miss any of them.

"People are getting tired of celebrity worship. Because of this they’re unafraid to point out how flawed the rich and famous are, after all “absolute power corrupts absolutely”. DeGeneres is one of many to fall from grace this year, and there will be plenty more to come – we’re sure of it. "

Last edited:

angie_nrs

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
I never watched Kimmel either, but I do remember his little teary eyed stunt on his show about his newborn needing some major surgery and such. He used his newborn to push Obamacare. Yeah, like he has problems paying for medical bills. Hypocritical POS. Never let a crisis go to waste huh? I find it interesting that the reason of the cancellation was his blackface skits done on the Man show. I believe those skits were done long ago......so why cancel now? Also, comedians do impressions all the time. Frankly I find many of them to be funny. Eddie Murphy did a skit with white face, so who cares? Let comedians be comedians..... If you don't like them, don't watch. It's pretty simple.

I wonder how long until Cobert gets the axe? I don't watch him either........b/c all he does is bash Trump.

Exerpt.........."The world of television renewals is a fickle and usually harsh one, though NBC showed good faith in the Ellen show continuing to do well, since in 2019 they renewed the show for three years instead of the usual one. But with such a huge drop in viewership, if the ratings don’t improve, nobody would be surprised to hear the show get the axe before 2022 comes around."

This doesn't sound like Ellen was cancelled yet, just that her ratings are bad.

MamaJo

Friend
Neighbor

Ellen Canceled today

Jimmy Kimmel canceled yesterday..

Steve Bing... Hollywood mogul jumped out of building on the 22nd... who was neck deep in the clinton foundation haitian child trafficking mess...

This week just keeps getting better and better. The rats are running....
Don't let door hit ya on the way out! Or do...

Cascadian

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
I thought the Carl Malone bit was funny. I also thought Eddie Murphy playing a white Jew was hilarious. Then there is white chicks with the wayans brothers acting like rich white women so what.

Sentry18

Hired Gun
Staff member
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
As a forum moderator I considered relocating this to the Good News Positivity thread, but I suppose it works here too. :)

Curmudgeon

Malinois' are awesome.
Neighbor
Can we add Joy Behar to the mix? Please...............lol.

Morgan101

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
I have no idea what Ellen DeGeneres is like as a person, and don't really care. I have heard very similar things about Oprah Winfrey from a very close and reliable source. All bubbly and personable while the cameras are rolling. Once the cameras go off they are cold, calculating, horrible people. I question what I would call Ellen's feigned generosity. It seems like a nice gesture. and she takes all the credit. My guess is every "prize" she gives away is donated by a sponsor. How much of her own money is donated I do not know. I would say that it is easy to be generous when you are being paid $70 MILLION dollars a year, and your reported net worth is $490 MILLION.

I used to like Jimmy Kimmel until he came out whining about his daughter's health, and how he pleaded for Obama Care. I see no reason why we should all spend our tax money to give a guy worth $50 MILLION government health care. I haven't watched a show since.

If they are cancelled good riddance to both of them.

angie_nrs

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
Can we add Joy Behar to the mix? Please...............lol.
Watching that witch blather on should be part of the next Saw movie. That's pure torture!
FYI....I've never seen an entire Saw movie since I just can't tolerate that kind of crap......pretty much the same as "the View."

Last edited:

zannej

Procrastinator
Neighbor
I liked when Jimmy Kimmel had The Man Show. Can't remember what decade that was anymore. I don't watch as much TV anymore. I mostly watch stuff on PBS now. I do find Colbert funny, but the new format from home is missing something. I liked when he did the voice of Birdman in a cartoon. Same creators that did Space Ghost Coast To Coast did a Harvey Birdman Attorney At Law cartoon that was funny.

As for the guy "jumping" out a window, that is a *very* common way for people to die when they ******** the Russian mob or Russian govt. There were at least 5 doctors in Russia who "jumped" out windows during meetings when they were arguing against what the govt was insisting. A witness in the Sergei Magnitsky case managed to survive after being either chucked out a window or thrown down the stairs. Being thrown down the stairs is another common way for people to die. Quite a few bankers who were involved in Russian money laundering turned up dead from allegedly falling out windows or down stairs.

backlash

Awesome Friend
Neighbor

Ann

Friend
Neighbor
If I was polled as to which shows I watch and it counted for anything, a lot of show would be cancelled. My grandson is always going on about this show or that show, this movie or that movie or some star and I look at him blankly because I've never heard of any of them. Of if I have my thoughts are totally negative. The current sitcoms are sickening rather then funny, talk shows irritating beyond my tolerance and late night is for reading books or if I'm lucky sleeping.

Latest posts