Emergency Preparedness: How Much is Enough?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Our daughter and I were talking about that today (as we were moving a room full of boxes into the pod), because she is reading that Marie Kondo (?) book about minimalism. I told her that I think it's great to get rid of stuff you don't need. But only you can decide what you need. I mentioned that all my canning, dehydrating, jars, kitchen gear....etc...take up a ton of room. Usually not stored in a kitchen at all, and need a good sized storage area. And all those things are needed to process food. Also, some of those minimalist house/tiny homes look like there's nothing to do in them at all. I guess they get all their meals and entertainment out, or inside on a screen. Books take up too much room ha ha.

I'm all for simplistic living.....not for minimilist living. Nope, I like my stuff. Plus, my stuff has value, so even though it takes up room (which I have) I don't mind b/c it's like money in the bank.....only better b/c it actually has a use. I have a brand new All American canner in a box next to a stack of new jars along with several canning books and accessories. If I don't use it, it can still sit there and look pretty b/c I'm never getting rid of it.

Latest posts

Back